Fan clutch blade comparisons 3.0 vs. 3FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been running a 3.0 fan blade for a couple years. The results compared to the stock supercharger ringed fan blade showed marked improvement.

I've also been increasing my clutch viscosity over the years. I decided with my current increase in bolt-on HP (smaller pulley & intercooler), that I would revisit this setup.

I've increased my newer blue hub clutch to 30k silicone oil, and I am swapping out my 3.0 fan blade for a 3fe fan blade.

My initial impressions are that I am very skepticle that the 3fe will outperform the 3.0.

Although the 3FE fan blades are 1/4" longer (making a 1/2"larger diameter), they are 1" shallower than the 3.0 blades, and they are slightly backspaced compared to the 3.0 (further from the radiator). Hopefully these observations show in my cellphone pic below.

I certainly don't claim to know enough about fan blade designs to know the how and why of what moves the most air. However, if I were picking one off the shelf, I'd prolly pick the 3.0. That being said, I trust Mud knowledge (especially Toolsrus in regards to fan clutches) to give it a go.

fanblades.jpg
fanblades.jpg

So how did it turn out? Did you notice a difference?

Performance of these two units should be very similar, both better than the ring fan. The 3FE fan may perform a wee bit better due to it's position in the shroud. It sits about 5/8" further back than the ring fan, putting it nearly the same as the stock OEM 1fzfe fan. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom