Fan bracket going out? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I am looking for a new truck with a 2uzfe and test driving a 07 dual vvti.

When under load there is a vibration over about 3800/4000 rpm.

In park and neutral it is smoother over 3800/4000 rpm but if you let of the gas and then give it gas you get a vibration / jerk.

You can see the tan doesn’t not quite move in a straight line when it is idling and at higher rpm when someone is revving it.

Does this sound like a tan bracket? I am trying to negotiate pricing etc.

When was the last time the timing belt was said to be done? A bad fan bracket should have been caught then. Also, make sure all 4 nuts are tights on the fan clutch as they can be tricky to tighten.

When was the last time the timing belt was said to be done? A bad fan bracket should have been caught then. Also, make sure all 4 nuts are tights on the fan clutch as they can be tricky to tighten.
Belt was done at 110k, not at 174k

Belt was done at 110k, not at 174k
If it's as bad as you may think it is, remove the belt and give it a wiggle. It should be solid.

The symptoms I had was a loud bearing squeal during cold temperatures. The fan still looked straight and I didn't suspect that as the culprit. After replacing every other spinning part eventually the fan bracket was replaced to silence the squeak.

The high RPM vibration and jerking you described does not sound like a symptom of a bad fan bracket. This sounds more like anything steering and suspension related ( or tires)

Also a stethoscope being poked around on the engine in that area would make the fan bracket noise stand out. You may need a new fan bracket but I don't think it'll solve your high RPM vibrations, just a guess.

Grab the fan and see if you can move it up and down. You should be able to see if the movement is in the bracket or the clutch.

Edit:

Make sure the engine isn't running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom