Family trip to Moab - Your advice is always appreciated (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

next week, I'm heading to Moab with family in tow. Looking for any suggestions on what hiking/biking/4wd trails, campgrounds, activities are family friendly. Family being myself, a non-4wd'ing wife, and a two year old.

For camping, looking for hook-ups but as long as water/dumping is nearby, that's cool too.

For hiking, biking: trails that are 'chariot'able.

... and should I even go near the place on Memorial Day weekend? Things get pretty silly around here on the Canadian equivalent.

if you are going on memorial, fat chance gettintg a reservation. you may get a first come spot in sand flats. i lik estaying at moab valley rv park Welcome to Moab Valley RV Resort they have a kids playground, pool, big jacuzzi, very clean, nice showers bathrooms and i usually rent a cabin at about $60 a nite for the whole fam.

easy trail. hurah pass-dirt road, gemini bridges, harder dirt road. klondike bluffs, a little harder, white rim. 100 mile rim of canyonlands, way cool!!also tower arch trail in arches is good

tons of great hiking in arches park just a few miles north of town. easy short and long trails. beautiful views.
delicate arch. 3mi round trip- easy
landscape arch 3-7 mile rt depending on route. very beautiful. all kid friendly

Make sure you all drink LOTS of water while there. Carry and drink water constantly.

Hey Vette60,thanks for the link on the Moab Valley RV resort.That place looks great for kids,Good prices on the cabins also.

Shinny,have a great trip&post up some pics.when you get back.

I recommend you scroll through the Cruise Moab threads and find some destination that you want to see. I have been there several times but I have not seen anything compared to the pictures I see from other members. You cannot see it all in a week.

... family friendly. Family being myself, a non-4wd'ing wife, and a two year old...

...White Rim. 100 mile rim of Canyonlands...

I'm not so sure I'd call White Rim family-friendly, particularly with the description of family as above. Absolutely awesome in terms of scenery, but also remote without a quick way out. I'd suggest Shafer Switchbacks and Potash road; this could be combined with a short excursion on White Rim road to Musselman Arch and back.

thanks folks,

I'll post up some pics on flickr when we're back. Hopefully leaving here tomorrow and spending 3 days getting there slowly. It looks like we'll have to play it by ear, not knowing what the munchkin will put up with. That being said, thanks for the ideas/tips.

I'm not so sure I'd call White Rim family-friendly, particularly with the description of family as above. Absolutely awesome in terms of scenery, but also remote without a quick way out. I'd suggest Shafer Switchbacks and Potash road; this could be combined with a short excursion on White Rim road to Musselman Arch and back.
You could add long canyon to this for a nice loop.:D

why not? depends on your level of adventure you are comfortable on with the fam. i have absolutely no problem taking my family on isolated trips, but I have an adventurous whife who also loves to get out. White rim is perfect for that. pretty well travelled and not very difficult. this is a great trip for an "intro to Expo" for the fam. 1-3 days max and beautiful. i say get out and live a little, the kids will remember that for a long time to come and surely take their kids out too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom