Family Style Roll Bar Modification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a family style roll cage. Since I am not planning on hard core off roading, maybe some trail riding thru the pine barrens. Do you see a problem cutting off the front section and leaving everything from the main hoop back?

Or should I look for a stock roll bar?

Thanks

Dm3

20221113_135704.jpg

20221113_135807.jpg

20221113_135812.jpg

20221113_135948.jpg

Everyone seems to always think roll cages/bars are only for off-roading. More accidents happen on the road and especially with a soft top, more protection is always better than less.

What's your height have to do with the roll bar? I might not cut the cage, maybe sell it and buy a more traditional roll bar or better designed cage. . The back 1/2 of the cage looks like a strange design. I use the outside over head bar from A to B pillar to pull myself up and over to the seat. Your bar in that location looks a little to far inboard. Is it a homemade cage? What's the welds look like? I'm quite tall too.

I think its a homemade cage. The front bars make it hard to get in and out of. I guess I will look for a roll bar, if I get to the point where I need it, maybe then I will decide if I cut the front off and keep the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom