False floor for 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pardon the mess in the truck...I just threw everything out of the way to test fitment.

my overarching goal was to be able to “strap down” equipment into the back of the 200 without losing useability of the 3rd row.

I may have found an easy solution for storage behind the 3rd row.

It appears to be a 48” aluminum side mount truck box from various manufacturers (craftsman, kobalt, better built) is close to a perfect fit for storage in the back of a 200 behind the third row. Even with 4 max trax on top of it, you still have full recline of the 3rd row.

I think I’ll be able to bolt this down by drilling holes in the bottom of it and screwing it directly into the rear most tie down d rings (hopefully). I’ll probably velcro my recovery straps and soft shackles to the open space on the outside at the bottom of the box, drill some mounting points into the lid for my max trax, and explore a means of bolting my hilift to the top of the max trax.

View attachment 2575201

View attachment 2575202

View attachment 2575203

View attachment 2575204
It looks like there will be room behind the toolbox for my hilift and an axe too.

2096B603-D0AA-4059-A92B-D3CA16E65A71.jpeg

It looks like there will be room behind the toolbox for my hilift and an axe too.

View attachment 2575208
You could drill holes in the aluminum box and add Quick Fist rubber clamps for both highlift jack and an axe. That's what I plan to do for a few items. I wasn't sure if a 48" box would fit, but I think it looks pretty good.

I might add a few ammo-cans beside my 30"box for smaller items. Looking for ammo cans that are about 9.5" in height to match the 30" aluminum box I used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom