SOLD Fallon, Nevada 96 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
White
I've been delaying putting this up for sale, but the time has come. It is my 5th vehicle and it doesn't get driven enough. I would rather it be sold to someone that can put it to good use than it just sit and rot away. I bought it 6 years ago out of central California with 216000 miles on it, it currently has 229740, which may go up very slowly. Not triple locked. It has one spot of rust on the rear hatch and a small spot above the corners of the windshield, but NO rot on the frame, just some light surface rust. AC works very well, heat is great, all windows and door locks work as they should. It has a 4" slee lift and Bilstein shocks, and ARB front bumper, 35" Cooper STT Pros. I also have a set of Lightforce 240s that can go with it. I took them off to sell it, but don't have anything else to put them on. If you want them too, they're yours.
Recent work I've done to it includes; resealed front differential, has new wheel bearings, rebuilt both front and rear drivelines, fan clutch, front main seal, Dobinsons rear adj track bar, custom cat back exhaust with aftermarket, but quiet muffler. It runs really well, and drives pretty good too. I don't think it's been regeared, but it does pretty good, you certainly won't win any races but it isn't painfully slow. diff fluid changed last summer. The interior is kind of dirty, but in really good shape. The third row seats are pulled, but I have them. The spare mount I built and it uses the factory third seat bracket attachment point.
A few things that aren't great, the pan gasket seeps a little, not enough to have to add between changes, but you can a spot here and there. Transfer case rear output seeps a little. I check it at every oil change and have only added a small amount once. Distributor oring just started leaking, but not much. The antenna doesn't go all the way up or down. The suspension bushings could be replaced, they aren't terrible but it is something that could be done. I'll probably put a battery in it before it sells, this one is ok, but it's pretty crusty. On startup the tachometer reads low and kind of bounces but only when it's cold outside. Those items could be taken care of to make it perfect.
It's really been a great camping/hunting vehicle and I had no intention of getting rid of it, but my new side job is better suited with a pickup, and it's going to get a bunch of hard miles so I didn't want to beat on this thing. I bought a Tacoma, and now that I have it, I never drive this. It's certainly not the cleanest 80 out there, but it is pretty dang solid.
Asking $15,000 OBO. I'm open to reasonable offers. Located in northern Nevada, about an hour east of Reno.
I have some "in action" photos on my Instagram.
@flyinbphoto

cruiser2.JPG
IMG_8204.JPG
cruiser1.JPG
IMG_9407.JPG
IMG_9409.JPG

Last edited:
Sweet truck! Reason for sale ? If you don’t mind me askin..
I bought a built Tacoma to camp/hunt/work and this just sits. Plus it's my 5th vehicle. Since I changed the oil on it almost a year ago I've put 700 miles on it. If I keep it, it's just going to rot away.

Last edited:
I am in Reno, and would like to set up to come see and test drive the truck. Also have a couple questions. Please give me a call or text 775-232-5641 Sam

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom