Fall Crawl 2014 Pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Random shots and a couple of trail rides

376.JPG
381.JPG
393.JPG
383.JPG
418.JPG

"Any"? Yes... they were really tough.

Given that these were probably the hardest trails I have ever wheeled, rock and hill-wise, they weren't impossibly difficult (in retrospect... at the time I was sh**ing myself).

I gauge difficulty by how much I have to deal with body damage and mechanical breakage, and getting stuck to the point of needing a winch. I had to pull cable just once and I got out without any damage or breakage. (Thankfully I didn't have to worry about too many trees on these trails.) I wouldn't have even attempted Insanity and KGB without the encouragement and spotting from Cam. Pennsyltucky wasn't as intimidating overall but did have more trees, we ran that on Friday. We took it VERY slowly with the big wagons - that made these trails "easier" in that we could take our time picking lines and crawling... good for our success, bad for those waiting for us to finish (sorry folks)

I have an H55f 5 speed to a Marlin 4.7 ToyBox to a split case to 4.56 diffs (something like 235:1) all behind a 2F... with ARB lockers front and rear.... that combined with Swampers give me a fair bit of advantage.

I'm glad you guys came down and had a good time. These trails are tough, but the nice thing is there are many lines of varying difficulty.

Pulling cable does not necessarily equate to failure, it is merely a means to get you moving to the next challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom