Fall 2020 edition of "Shock Recommendations" (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ill second what @ikarus said about the Icons - had them on two trucks, both Stage 1 kits.

Fantastic unladen ride but once once you add (in my case) RTT, tools/recovery, camping stuff the ride in the back becomes noticeably "floaty". Wheras with OME, my experience was the opposite - terrible unladen ride and it only got better with weight.

There was a MetalTech thread I found a while back that basically agreed. He recommended adjustable resi shocks in the back to stiffen it up when loaded down.

Once AHC gives up the ghost I'll be swapping with a Stage III Icon kit.

I’ve got 80% of a AHC delete waiting on the last of the Bilstein 5160’s to arrive. I’ll update once installed. There isn’t much info yet but decided for the price I’ll giver it a try.

Ok @Manhattan time to close the loop on this thread. What did you end up with??

The loop is more of a C than a O at this point... likely going with the IronMan Pros. But, getting to it has been the challenge - been super busy the past few weeks.

... and closed (that loop). Ride report to follow.

IMG_0056.jpeg

I’ll be interested to hear your ride impression compared to the base foamcells you were running.

Do you have an axle leaking or is this undercoating?
8223DC56-2655-44F3-9A22-1279BCD78638.jpeg

Andrew, you miss NOTHING. ;) Yep - both CVs have torn boots... again. Parts ordered. This truck has eaten a few
axles. Strange too - not lifted much and has a dif drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom