Builds "Falcor" the 1984 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Falcor!!
image.jpg

I ordered some drive shafts from Tom Woods yesterday and bolted in some seats. It’s nice to see it coming together after being in pieces for so long.

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Also, Rob from Greenwood Radiator called to let me know my radiator was leaking in an unrepairable location so I have another new item to bolt on.

Hard to consider that project creep but damn! I didn’t want to buy yet another piece for this thing.

I suppose Falcor is really going to be a nice daily driver when it’s all buttoned up.

Man, thats awesome... I'm envious of your progress. Everything looks great.

I also really like the idea of powder coating the fender liners and core support... Seems way more durable and affordable than paying a shop to paint it.

Man, thats awesome... I'm envious of your progress. Everything looks great.

I also really like the idea of powder coating the fender liners and core support... Seems way more durable and affordable than paying a shop to paint it.

Thanks man! It turned out pretty good, especially for a driver. The one thing I’m struggling with is I can’t figure out exactly which bolts go where in the fender/inner fender. Do you happen to have better records than I took? I’d certainly appreciate it!!

Word of advice for people removing FJ60/62 fenders… don’t take all of the bolts out and put them in a bag simply labeled “Left Fender”. There are too many unique bolts.

Thanks man! It turned out pretty good, especially for a driver. The one thing I’m struggling with is I can’t figure out exactly which bolts go where in the fender/inner fender. Do you happen to have better records than I took? I’d certainly appreciate it!!

Word of advice for people removing FJ60/62 fenders… don’t take all of the bolts out and put them in a bag simply labeled “Left Fender”. There are too many unique bolts.

Lol.. I did the exact same thing.. While took pics of every other bolt, when I was taking the fenders off I was in such a rush I just put all the bolts in a pile together. I do have one pic from when I separated the inner/outer fender:

inner fender.jpg

And then @TRAIL TAILOR has done a great job photographing the inside of fenders showing off coil conversions.. I'm hoping the rest of the reference pics I need can be found here: PEPE - THE BLACK AND TAN BUILD - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/pepe-the-black-and-tan-build.1285411/post-14462145

Compared to a modern Cruiser or other “full size” SUV, the 60 is downright compact!
Yeah, my wife is used to the Tundra and said, "We can't park there." I was like... it might look different but this thing is about the same size as a new Highlander.

I'm sure I'll see a bunch of them today as I'm headed to Toyota of Kirkland to get my gas tank recall done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom