Fairmont Trail Ride 4/18/09 (1 Viewer)

Ok well if anyone wants to come last minute the meeting place is at Aegis in Bellview WV Just down the street from Colasessanos Pizza. Be there by 9:30am

609 Bellview Boulevard
Fairmont, WV 26554

Lurch how did it go? i want to thank you for your efforts on this. It has been a a horrible couple of months. I know I have been slacking

:D Ha my rig is ready anyway....progress I say You got the shafts I take it?

Lurch how did it go? i want to thank you for your efforts on this. It has been a a horrible couple of months. I know I have been slacking
Fig'n awesome day to be out on the trail! It was a blast with a good mix of dry and sloppy spots, came back a lot cleaner than usual but just as challenging. I'll get some pics up soon, All jeeps, one Nissan, one Toyota.:frown: But its pretty satisfying when the only vehicles that didn't get winched is a slightly modified 4Runner (mine) and a fully built Rubicon on 35s with gobs of articulation.:D

:D Ha my rig is ready anyway....progress I say You got the shafts I take it?
Yup got the shafts (one set) one I can use and the other is good for parts. I'm hoping in about a month I can start working on the 40. I've got to rebuild the transmission again (did about 2 years ago) because I've got a bad vibration. I think the oil I used (80w90) was to thin and the bearings on the input shaft are toast. It's been making funny noses when at idle and clutch out in neutral for a while and now the mirrors vibrate going down the road. I think once I fix it I'll put in full synthetic and add some Lucas to thicken it up.
Just got some steel to make my traction bar, got some new front bump stops, a new tac, about to get longfeild chromoly for the front and will soon finish the rear tire carrier!:bounce: I've got a lot to do before its ready for this summer:wrench:

That is damn cool. Check the other thread see if you are up to it. Tim did say he would come but not 100% sure if he was going to wheel or not.

:DWe need to find the man some birfs

Fig'n awesome day to be out on the trail! It was a blast with a good mix of dry and sloppy spots, came back a lot cleaner than usual but just as challenging. I'll get some pics up soon, All jeeps, one Nissan, one Toyota.:frown: But its pretty satisfying when the only vehicles that didn't get winched is a slightly modified 4Runner (mine) and a fully built Rubicon on 35s with gobs of articulation.:D

Yup got the shafts (one set) one I can use and the other is good for parts. I'm hoping in about a month I can start working on the 40. I've got to rebuild the transmission again (did about 2 years ago) because I've got a bad vibration. I think the oil I used (80w90) was to thin and the bearings on the input shaft are toast. It's been making funny noses when at idle and clutch out in neutral for a while and now the mirrors vibrate going down the road. I think once I fix it I'll put in full synthetic and add some Lucas to thicken it up.
Just got some steel to make my traction bar, got some new front bump stops, a new tac, about to get longfeild chromoly for the front and will soon finish the rear tire carrier!:bounce: I've got a lot to do before its ready for this summer:wrench:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom