Fairly New to me 98 Hundy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to introduce myself and my 98 hundy to the 100 series group. Got this about 6 months ago and I'm starting to build it up a little. Not sure exactly where it will go, but time will tell. I've been reading threads for years on Ih8mud and finally pulled the trigger. 250k+ miles on it, stock as near as I can tell, I think the color is River Rock Mica, and as you can see in the pics, it's not a trailer queen, which is exactly what I was looking for. After reading for years about some of the overlanding you guys (and gals) have done, it made me realize that I needed to ensure that I didn't mind a little scratch here and there. Hopefully the drive-train is as bullet proof as everybody says. Yes, it has a functioning rear locker.
IMG_4103.JPG

IMG_4104.JPG

The PO plasti-dipped the rims and it's beginning to peel, so I know they look like crap. Does anybody know where I can get a center cap for my one rim that's blank/missing? Might make it look like I'm rolling on 20's, even though they're 16's (Friday reference).
First thing, I got a RTT from CVT, and put it on a Baja Rack and went camping with some co-workers in the desert. As all the wisest people on this forum have stated, get out and use it first.
IMG_4127.JPG

IMG_4143.JPG

Found out that I needed additional padding for the RTT. Any suggestions?
Also was worried about banging things on the rough road to get there. So I got some 4x4Labs Sliders and rear dual swing-out bumper.
IMG_4198.JPG

The extra weight on the a$$ really tells me I need a suspension upgrade. However, I'd like to get the front bumper in place before I do it. I also realized that I need an awning for shade.

Judging by your join date, seems like you’ve been looking for a long time!

As all the wisest people on this forum have stated, get out and use it first.
I agree, and it looks like you’ve been very wise in your progressive selection of upgrades. I like it!
Does anybody know where I can get a center cap for my one rim that's blank/missing?

Thats correct, I’ve been absorbing quite a lot of knowledge on these rigs over the years, not only from this website, but others as well, in order to come to my decision. Thank you for the link to the wheel cap.

Thats correct, I’ve been absorbing quite a lot of knowledge on these rigs over the years, not only from this website, but others as well, in order to come to my decision. Thank you for the link to the wheel cap.
There IS NO OTHER WORTHWHILE website for these rigs. Rule #1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom