Fairey Overdrive Oil Level (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just helped my father pick up a 1978 FJ40 that has a Fairey overdrive installed on it. Can someone please tell me how one measures the proper oil level for the unit -- is at the fill plug for the transfer case as normal or on the Fairey unit?

I just helped my father pick up a 1978 FJ40 that has a Fairey overdrive installed on it. Can someone please tell me how one measures the proper oil level for the unit -- is at the fill plug for the transfer case as normal or on the Fairey unit?

Hey Bart, It sounds like you could use the manual I scanned years ago. Tell your father congratulations on his new purchase. My FJ55 also has a Fairey, and it has its own fill plug. There fill instructions are at the end of the manual.

Attachments

• Fiarey Overdrive.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 296
Okay, so per Mark Algazy's advice, I checked the tightness of the bolts on the Fairey and none of them were tight. Half of them were finger loose. One appears to be missing, but I want to make sure it is not supposed to be this way. Can anyone confirm that this hole should have a bolt in it?

IMG_7339.JPG

That is definitely a hole that requires a bolt. There are two locator pins as well, but they are not visible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom