Fairey Overdrive Lubrication (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, didn't have a whole lot of luck finding the proper gear oil I need to use in the overdrive unit is. Anyone have this information. I have a "fitting instruction" manual but it doesn't reference lubrication.

Fair(ey) enough. I inferred it shared lubrication but couldn't nail down specifics...and it has its own filler and drain plugs implying its own reservoir, so I couldn't be sure.

According to this thread it shares fluid with the transfer casse
Changed the fluid in the Fairey Overdrive module and the transfer case. From what I could tell the overdrive and the xfer case do not share oil. Filled the overdrive until it was dripping out the fill port. I expected it to run over to the transfer case but never did. Matter of fact, xfer case had very little oil in it. Thank God it didn’t burn up. Not sure what was going on with the PO, but he wasn’t paying attention to the xfer case oil. It was very dark and sludgy. Fortunately the drain plug magnet had very little metal. It was so dirty, I’ll likely change it again soon after I’ve ran it a few hundred miles.

Red Line MT90 is what I used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom