Fairey Overdrive - Anyone every found parts for the input overdrive setup? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
I'm hunting some parts for this old Fairey Overdrive split t-case variety. I've seen some random overdrive/underdrive setups over the years and but I've never tried to track down parts for this exact type. I'm waiting for it to get pulled apart to measure the syncro ring and syncromesh shifting keys but they sure look like OE Land Cruiser transmission stuff which would be the 33366-36020 (out part# TR33366) and 33368-20012 (our part# TR20012). Anyone had luck finding parts on these old Fairey units?

\

Put your contacts in AUS to use. Maybe someone could get this for you and send the whole unit.
Seems to be serviceable. Not sure if this helps.

What 3_puppies said, Mark A would be my best guess. He has some unique stuff hidden away.

We've confirmed they are not using syncros from an H41/42/55 but the design is near identical (just smaller on the Fairey) so perhaps from a different Toyota application? The search continues.

I was never able to source parts for mine. Scrapped it years ago. A place called Rovers South had a couple of new ones NOS on the shelf. I've since lost the phone number. Was like a decade ago.

Considering Fairey was a British company, building for Land Rover, the sincros might be Rover parts rather than Toyota. The gear cluster certainly looked like a ready made assembly repurposed into their box. Much like Marlin uses mini truck clusters in a new casing.

HTH

If it's slipping out of gear into neutral, it might be wear on the shifting fork rather than worn sincronizers. I always had to double clutch to down shift. The syncros were never robust enough to push the whole transmission to the correct rpm.

I'm hunting some parts for this old Fairey Overdrive split t-case variety. I've seen some random overdrive/underdrive setups over the years and but I've never tried to track down parts for this exact type. I'm waiting for it to get pulled apart to measure the syncro ring and syncromesh shifting keys but they sure look like OE Land Cruiser transmission stuff which would be the 33366-36020 (out part# TR33366) and 33368-20012 (our part# TR20012). Anyone had luck finding parts on these old Fairey units?

View attachment 1921844

View attachment 1921845\

View attachment 1921846

View attachment 1921847

View attachment 1921848
Did you find those sincro rings and forks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom