Fair price for used emissions control computer?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't have any idea what a fair price is for a used working unit. Any ideas? I am going to buy a used one, but the two folks offered them for sale both were vague on price. I just want to offer a fair price.

Any help?

Thanks again.

post a pic of yours............i have several. Yes I need to see a pic.....im lazy and want it my way:D

Well...

I'd love to post a pic, but I took the wife out tonight and we wound up leaving the pig downtown (past the one beer driving limit...) so I will get some pictures tomorrow.

The deal is that two people have offered the unit to me, but both have indicated that we would neogtiate the price. This leaves me baffled. I know certain things, but this is not one.

Pics for aatlas Sunday, but any other guidance appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Try cruiserparts.net.

Here are pictures of mine. I have no idea what to look for to determine if this part is defective. I have an intermittant problem with my fuel cut off soleniod cutting off while driving or not clicking and letting me start the truck, so I am examining all the parts in that curcuit.

Thanks for any input or thoughts.
IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0698.JPG

Your board looks good.....How did yo uget here???

I have several units and will look on Tue (my day off) for that matter, I have no idea how to test if good or bad?

Shane

what area are you in?

Area - Salem

I am going to clean the connector that plugs into the ECC and change the fuel cut solenoid (or bypass) and see if that helps.

Thanks, Mike

MJ_Oregon said:
Area - Salem

I am going to clean the connector that plugs into the ECC and change the fuel cut solenoid (or bypass) and see if that helps.

Thanks, Mike

Use electrical grease, Forgot name but you can buy a big tude at Toyota and its white and comes in a tube like tooth paste. they use mass amounts of it for the Prius cars.

So "electrical grease" helps create a good connection? Never heard of it.

I think they are referring to dielectric grease- although it is primarily used to keep out water and junk, preventing corrosion and if my memory serves me right, I think it is non-conductive. or it could be some other type of "electrical grease"...

I can't put my mind to keyboard today........But it does serve its purpose on connectors. Most are clear, but toyota's is white and it is used by the tube every day on Prius cars. (hybrid) when in doubt, use lude:D

Ming89FJ62 said:
There are multiple versions of the "emissions computers". The one on the left looks like it's from a Cali emissions set-up - similar to my two piggies

the one on the right is the carb fan relay. Match the part number............each is year dated on the P/N decal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom