Fair Price for 60 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to buy a 60 series, but I don't care that much about mileage and I am willing to put in some elbow grease to get the car fixed up. I just want a car that doesn't have major issues and will be a good daily for a few years. What price can I expect to pay for this condition?

Its a rather open ended question TBH. 10-15k best guess.

From what I’ve seen you’ll be looking at about $15k-$20k for a fair to good condition 60, prices have gotten pretty insane in the past few years. If you’re not dead set on a 60, your might consider a first Gen 4runner, they’re less expensive and get better gas mileage, you can still find good condition first generation 4runners for anywhere from $5k to $15k depending on the condition.

From what I’ve seen you’ll be looking at about $15k-$20k for a fair to good condition 60, prices have gotten pretty insane in the past few years. If you’re not dead set on a 60, your might consider a first Gen 4runner, they’re less expensive and get better gas mileage, you can still find good condition first generation 4runners for anywhere from $5k to $15k depending on the condition.
thanks, I think I'm just going to go with an 80 series instead.

Reactions: OSS
thanks, I think I'm just going to go with an 80 series instead.
You can still find good 60 series out there. I just sold my 84, rust free, all new interior for $8k. Probably could have got more, but, meh.

80's are going up as fast as 60's. All these trucks and cars in general are appreciating instead of depreciation. Its kind of a where do you want to jump in kind of thing. But yea I see rust bucket holes you can stick your arm through and the price tag is 10k plus. Crazy

I have seen a couple decent 60's listed for under 12K in the last month. One seemed way underpriced and surely sold quickly. There is currently one listed in Santa Fe, NM for 12,500 with only "allegedly" 65k miles on the clock and a salvage title. They seem to be all over the map depending on region of the country. I'd expect to pay 9-12k for a decent one. that needs some work.

I have seen a couple decent 60's listed for under 12K in the last month. One seemed way underpriced and surely sold quickly. There is currently one listed in Santa Fe, NM for 12,500 with only "allegedly" 65k miles on the clock and a salvage title. They seem to be all over the map depending on region of the country. I'd expect to pay 9-12k for a decent one. that needs some work.

...that's probably 65k since the truck was totaled.

It's getting harder to find a good 60 and I think $10k is probably the floor price for something that is decent. Be patient on the search, but be ready to move FAST if you find something. They are 35 year old trucks so there will always be work to be done.

I am willing to put in some elbow grease to get the car fixed up. I just want a car that doesn't have major issues and will be a good daily for a few years.

To be brutally honest, even a clean, well-maintained 60/2 will require some regular fiddling and repairs, so the rule applies - buy the best one you can afford, and you'll still have plenty of adventure in fix-up land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom