Fair price for 40thLC?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by YOTAFAN, Nov 15, 2005.

1. YOTAFAN

YOTAFAN

Hey guys, new here. I need your expert opinions. I have found a '97 40th Anniversary in Sage w/ Lockers with only 80,000 miles on it. The dealer is asking $14,999 for it. I pulled a carfax on it and I found that it was involved in a single accident back in 1998 somewhere in Boston, MA. What's your thoughts? Thanks!

2. firetruck41

firetruck41

Somewhere between $10k and $20k :D . Need more info, ie. condition, lockers, location (rust?), what kind of accident/bodywork. I would say, that around here, if in excellent shape and no major bodywork that would be the high end, but within range of normal.

3. Hooligan

Hooligan

That's a good deal. Buy it. I am assuming since the accident was so long ago that it was not major.

4. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben SILVER Star

Depending on the damage from the accident and if there is any rust that sounds like a good deal, I'D JUMP ON IT!

5. Josh83

Josh83

The low miles could be due to it setting for a while after being wrecked. IMHO, if it was fixed right, the an accident is nothing more than a barganing tool to buy it cheaper.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.