factory winch inneeds of a service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well i survieds the earthquake but the poor winch got a bit of a hard time winchin out cars for 3 days straight.

then on the 4th day i had to lower the liftboat down the slip. liftboat total weight on winch 2.3 tonne, throught a 2:1 pully set up.

now the poor winch in leaking:crybaby:.

has any one pulled there factroy winch apart and serviced it. im keen as to try but would like a plan of attack,

wot to do, not to do.

and i blow up diegram for the whole winch would be good too.

jono

wow, glad to hear you're okay with all the stuff going on down there. Is your winch hydraulic? We don't see many factory winches up here, they were never available in north america.

best of luck on the repairs of your truck, and of your city.

now the poor winch in leaking:crybaby:.

has any one pulled there factroy winch apart and serviced it. im keen as to try but would like a plan of attack,
jono

How i read, it is common for this winch to leak from one of the seals. They are easy to replace and not that expensive, but may take a long time to get them from Japan. Aisin which was not the option in NZ LC's. Am i right? Your's is HDJ81? I read somewhere on Russian LC forum the full step by step Aisin AI-1000 rebuild thread. If i will find a link i will post it here. You ether can translate it or just look at some pictures there. Also check the attachment. If you need full version for winch service let me know.

I hope it will help.

:cheers:

Attachments

• Winch.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 535
the winch in a aisin AI1000 yea it leakin from the motor end.

ill have a look for that link

cheers everyone for the help.

yes the old girl is a hdj 81. these winches are on the nz landcruisers which have factroy front and rear lockers and the good old fridge.

Last edited:
You might have a problem getting the bolts out that hold the winch to the winch plate.

I broke 4 of them off.

Good luck.

LandCrusher80

arr i had those all ready off early last year so that was no problem.

any luck with that russan LC fourm i could'nt find it.

NZ-CHCH-Cruiser: Could you post up some photos of the factory winch and your repairs?

NZ-CHCH-Cruiser: Could you post up some photos of the factory winch and your repairs?

no problems ill do that for you.

Akella mmm google translate didnt work too well. if you can help out that would be great.

many thanks

jono

Hi,
May I know the overall dimensions of the Aisin AI-1000 winch? Just need the overall length and height. Just the winch itself and not including the support plate/brackets.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom