Factory Technical information from Northshore Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would really like to see it, don't know if we can be of any help just yet, but may be able to see what remedy we can find.

Just took a look at the pictures from the forum - I've never seen or heard of this.

I don't know if it's from "Roadin" or just normal use.

Keep in mind that 99.9% of the FJ's we see are grocery getters.

and then mine comes in.

Just took a look at the pictures from the forum - I've never seen or heard of this.

I don't know if it's from "Roadin" or just normal use.

Keep in mind that 99.9% of the FJ's we see are grocery getters.

The fender bulges are not just from wheeling.
There are folks with completely stock, never wheeled FJs that have bulges and tears. Though, wheeling does seem to speed up the issue in some cases.
I think that the main issues are a very flexy front frame and thin front fenders. There have been a few newer versions of the front fenders that have added additional layers of metal to the fenders to strengthen them. Since that, the problem has substantially reduced.

hi-jack over.

That is great that we can have meets and possibly have shop access for stuff!

Thanks Charles. This is very generous of you. And Mr. Hanks making the shop available is also quite a gesture. Now I just wish I knew enough to ask a question!

I'm bringing my truck in to North Shore Toyota to let Charles take a look at it and see if he can take care of the vibration problem I have. It was recently diagnosed as a rear end problem but I am glad to bring it to some Toyota guys who can hopefully get to the actual root of the problem. I really appreciate Charles and North Shore Toyota being such a great resource for us and I am glad to be able to give them some business. :cheers:

I'm bringing my truck in to North Shore Toyota to let Charles take a look at it and see if he can take care of the vibration problem I have. It was recently diagnosed as a rear end problem but I am glad to bring it to some Toyota guys who can hopefully get to the actual root of the problem. I really appreciate Charles and North Shore Toyota being such a great resource for us and I am glad to be able to give them some business. :cheers:

Nice! Northshore will figure it out. :cheers:

Thnaks again Charles and the guys a N.S. toyota... y'all really took care of me!

Well guys, Ross's rig has been brought back to life!

Looks like a faulty spring on the accelerator pump.

Why yes it was!

Light blue with the canvas top, runs great.
I told Ross that NS toyota would get that hunk of %$#% running right--Thanks again Northshore!! "BTW I like the banner Mike Leg. put together that said above the NS logo sponsored, lifted, locked and repaired by NST!! Great job NS

Still looking at the "list". It's running, but still have a ways to go

Nice thanks for the hard work.

Thanks for the good news Charles! I really appreciate the help with all of this and when I do get around to replacing the Driveshaft I will definitely bring it to you guys for the work. Now, what should I buy with the money you just saved me?:hmm:

Hey Charles, Thanks again and I owe you and your guys some beer:beer:! Check out this link for the Bajarack that fits your 100 series. Baja Rack

100 series Bajarack.jpg

EDIT: I think they make it in the full rack as well as the one pictured for the roof top tents. I also wanted to let you know that my truck has not had any vibration since I picked it up from you.:cheers:

100 series Bajarack.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom