Factory Technical information from Northshore Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to get an OK before broadcasting this, but any information that is available on the Toyota Technical Network is available to LLK members.

If you have any questions please ask, if I don't know it - I will find it.

Please feel free to call me directly:

985-807-4759
dye985@gmail.com

Please if I don't answer, leave me a msg I may be with a customer at the time.

Thanks
Charles

This is what I do 12 hours a day, it's just good to be able to help

I wanted to get an OK before broadcasting this, but any information that is available on the Toyota Technical Network is available to LLK members.

If you have any questions please ask, if I don't know it - I will find it.

Please feel free to call me directly:

985-807-4759
dye985@gmail.com

Please if I don't answer, leave me a msg I may be with a customer at the time.

Thanks
Charles
KREWE members, this is awesome from Charles--He has access to all of the manuals and for Mr. Hanks to give him the green light is incredible. I was able to speak to Mr. Hanks today (owner of Northshore) and he is really excited about this club and being the main sponsor. He also mentioned (I don't know if he was serious, but I will push this issue when the time comes) that if we need to use his facility for meetings its ours, and he had no problem having someone open the shop up for us on a Sunday so we can wrench at the dealership- HE is really excited to be associated with this club.

KREWE members, this is awesome from Charles--He has access to all of the manuals and for Mr. Hanks to give him the green light is incredible. I was able to speak to Mr. Hanks today (owner of Northshore) and he is really excited about this club and being the main sponsor. He also mentioned (I don't know if he was serious, but I will push this issue when the time comes) that if we need to use his facility for meetings its ours, and he had no problem having someone open the shop up for us on a Sunday so we can wrench at the dealership- HE is really excited to be associated with this club.

THATS FANTASTIC! This will be a great help!

thanks again Charles for answering my questions and easing my mind about the FJ!

:eek::eek::eek: HOLY CRAPTASTIC BATMAN!! :eek::eek::eek:

Thanks so much. Have you gotten any calls yet? :)

Yea, it paid off for ya too didn't it?

it sure did! thanks for making sure the fj was tip top!

my luck that oil pan would have gotten a BIG leak as soon as i left.

THANKS!

Speaking of warranty, I'd like to see what the stance Northshore Toyota takes on the fender bulge issue. Almost 100,000 views on this subject on the blue room: Do you have inner fender bulges / cracking?? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
I've had my bulges since I bought in in 2009. This is something that should be a recall from Toyota but isn't getting any traction. There is a dealership in AZ that fixes it under warranty but I'm not driving back there for a long time.

"Northshore Toyota" does not have a - stance - on warranty issues, we follow the guidelines set forth by Toyota North America.

I really need to take a look at them to see what's up, please keep in mind the forums have 1000's (some times 100,000's of 1000's) of viewers with feedback, at the dealership level we only see maybe 2-3 FJ's in a week.

As far as being a "recall issue", only safety issues are recalled, you may have the same ac knob break on every vehicle produced, but only a safety issue will ever be recalled.

Kinda glad you brought the subject up, it gives me a chance to explain how the SYSTEM works.

Any and all parts in our inventory are purchased from TNA (Toyota North America) and paid for by NST.

When a vehicle comes in and has a warranty issue it is inspected by our employees and the failure is determined.

Either the part is in stock or it isn't. When it is ordered, it is paid for by the dealership.

We install the part on you vehicle and normally the issue is resolved.

---This is where you hopefully leave a happy customer - the following is what happens after you have left the dealership ---

This is what happens "behind the scenes"

1. The part that was removed from your vehicle is returned to our parts department and tagged with your repair order number.

2. Our warranty office processes your claim for reimbursement from TNA.

3. TNA requests the old part to be returned for inspection to determine the cause of failure (this is how they make improvements).

4. Once the cause of failure is located and the part is deemed "defective", NST is reimbursed for the repair. If the returned part is found to be in good working order and has no defects then NO reimbursements are made to the dealership, meaning we just paid for the repair on your vehicle.

And (I'm trying not to sound harsh in saying this) we are a "for profit" organization. That is why the process is looked over tightly.

The short of it is - If it ain't broke - We don't get paid.

Now with all that said, we are not the WARRANTY POLICE, if it is not the way it should be it needs to be repaired and we do our best within our limits to get that done.

Bring the FJ by for me to look at it and lest see what we can do.

Just took a look at the pictures from the forum - I've never seen or heard of this.

I don't know if it's from "Roadin" or just normal use.

Keep in mind that 99.9% of the FJ's we see are grocery getters.

"Northshore Toyota" does not have a - stance - on warranty issues, we follow the guidelines set forth by Toyota North America.

I really need to take a look at them to see what's up, please keep in mind the forums have 1000's (some times 100,000's of 1000's) of viewers with feedback, at the dealership level we only see maybe 2-3 FJ's in a week.

As far as being a "recall issue", only safety issues are recalled, you may have the same ac knob break on every vehicle produced, but only a safety issue will ever be recalled.

Kinda glad you brought the subject up, it gives me a chance to explain how the SYSTEM works.

Any and all parts in our inventory are purchased from TNA (Toyota North America) and paid for by NST.

When a vehicle comes in and has a warranty issue it is inspected by our employees and the failure is determined.

Either the part is in stock or it isn't. When it is ordered, it is paid for by the dealership.

We install the part on you vehicle and normally the issue is resolved.

---This is where you hopefully leave a happy customer - the following is what happens after you have left the dealership ---

This is what happens "behind the scenes"

1. The part that was removed from your vehicle is returned to our parts department and tagged with your repair order number.

2. Our warranty office processes your claim for reimbursement from TNA.

3. TNA requests the old part to be returned for inspection to determine the cause of failure (this is how they make improvements).

4. Once the cause of failure is located and the part is deemed "defective", NST is reimbursed for the repair. If the returned part is found to be in good working order and has no defects then NO reimbursements are made to the dealership, meaning we just paid for the repair on your vehicle.

And (I'm trying not to sound harsh in saying this) we are a "for profit" organization. That is why the process is looked over tightly.

The short of it is - If it ain't broke - We don't get paid.

Now with all that said, we are not the WARRANTY POLICE, if it is not the way it should be it needs to be repaired and we do our best within our limits to get that done.

Bring the FJ by for me to look at it and lest see what we can do.

Charles, this is a fantastic explanation! I have never brought a vehicle in for anything warranty related in my life so I had no clue of the process. This is awesome!
I completely understand you points about only seeing a couple FJ's a week and that the dealership is "for profit." If you didn't make a profit, you couldn't help out clubs like us! So I have no issues with companies making money.

From what I've gathered reading up on this issue of the "bulge," the decision to repair might come from a regional level, not just the dealership level. If I can ever get away during the week, I'd love to bring the FJ up there to get looked at.
Thanks again for all the info!
Brian

Just took a look at the pictures from the forum - I've never seen or heard of this.

I don't know if it's from "Roadin" or just normal use.

Keep in mind that 99.9% of the FJ's we see are grocery getters.

I didn't see any signs of my FJ being wheeled when I bought it. Not one scratch underneath it. (Which I'd expect from it coming from the Southwest.)
The bulge hasn't changed since installing my bumper and winch. Which makes me wonder why even fix it? I wouldn't if it wasn't covered by warranty. But if it tears, then the real issues begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom