Factory Service Manuals - ~$65 New from Toyota's OEM Authorized Publisher (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With Factory Service Manuals going for $100+ these days, I thought I'd share some info I haven't seen on here before that others may find useful. I'm selling my 80, but I was looking for a new FSM a while back and stumbled upon this info (I have the green/black reprint and it's weak binding was bugging me). I then reached back out to them last week after finding my bookmark to simply gather some info for mudders. This might be the white cover/OEM factory manual due to them being the OEM publisher, though I'm not sure and their online support wasn't able to help clarify (see below). Either way, it's cheaper than any other online price I've seen for an original or reprint new - heck, even used on eBay. Anyway, some of us still like having a print copy to have laying on the ground next to us, even if it's nice to have the electronic versions as well...hope this helps someone:

I was wandering around Toyota's website the other day and stumbled upon the owner's manual page that lists, well, basically all the regular owner's manual content you'd expect. But at the bottom, it said to contact Helm, Inc directly to purchase copies:

1572916411204.png

So I went to www.helminc.com and looked around. Turns out, they make service manuals for basically every manufacturer, and sell them to retail customers on the side. The 1997 Factory Service Manual they list matches the details of both the White cover (original) and Green/Black cover (reprint) with the item number being RM510U all around.

1572917351518.png

I asked them for any other info they could provide (like a pic of the cover to know if it's the white or green/black one), but being a non-retail/B2B setup they weren't able to offer much help beyond what's listed on the site:

1572917222391.png

I went to the checkout just to get a total (didn't order). After shipping and handling, you'll likely see a total close to $65:

1572917409948.png

I wish I had seen this before I bought a reprint with poor binding. I'll put it in a binder any day now....but just FYI that 1996 still in stock. Unfortunately no owners manual -- anyone know where to print or purchase one of those?

Thank you!

I wish I had seen this before I bought a reprint with poor binding. I'll put it in a binder any day now....but just FYI that 1996 still in stock. Unfortunately no owners manual -- anyone know where to print or purchase one of those?
The complete set of 1996 FSM and EWD is available for download in the Resources section.

Thanks I have the Birfmark version of the FSM and EWD for electronic use and love it for quickly finding things. I also have a paper copy of the FSM reprint I was able to buy for ~$45. I like having paper that I can draw on though the binding is coming apart so I think it's binder time.

But I was curious if there's also an electronic or printable version of the Owners Manual that came with the truck for both completeness and reading. I see that Toyota's website has a lot of individual sections so I might try to combine those but the Specter Off-Road link looks like a good option to purchase a re-print .

Any practical diff between the 95, 96, and 97 FSMs? Did anything significant change in this period?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom