Factory Service Manual-new source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was trying to order a FSM for my LS from Toyota Material Distribution. They had it on perpetual backorder since Oct 2009. Anyways, I finally found a helpful employee (Dolores) who managed to track down the reason for the wait...Toyota is no longer carrying the slower moving manuals! (they still have some odds & ends in stock.) Anyways, the new source is Helm, the publisher of Honda FSM's (Service Manuals, Owner Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Service Bulletins - Helm Incorporated). The manuals/prices appear to be the same, but you cannot order just a single manual (say, vol2 to cover the mechanical stuff...you have to buy the entire set except for the electrical manual, which is sold individually outside the set. Dolores tells me some of the new Toyota FSM's have TEN volumes! (must be the hybrids :)). They list the FSM's for the LX470 & LC 100's. I didn't check the 200, but I noticed they don't have the LX570 FSM's.

Hmmmm, I ordered manuals from Toyota Material Distribution months ago. I got the Electrical wiring diagram manual and ONE of the repair manuals but one has been on back order forever. I've called them a couple of times now and they just keep telling me they are on BO.

I too talked to Dolores. She's extremely helpful. I think I'm going to call her back.

Thanks for the link. I may end up ordering it from them. Only problem is I'm going to have to buy both when all I need is Vol. 1. :bang:

books4cars.com

:clap:

The 2 vol. FSMs for the '04 UZJ100 don't cover the transmission (publication # RM999U). I haven't been able to find that either at a dealer or aftermarket.

books4cars.com

:clap:

Sort of a hijack maybe, but I went to books4cars.com looking for manuals, and found they are selling "1951-2001 LandCruiser Special issue 50th Anniversary" book for $299.95!!!

I don't remember paying that much for it?

Thanks -
The only thing Helm has for the 07 is 98-08 BEG LAND CRUISER Body Repair Manual. Not going to help on replacing the timing belt. :D

I ordered the engine FSM from Toyota Material Distribution. $122.00 inc. tax and shipping. there are 3 more - Suspension, Nav and Electrical - all about the same price. Hopefully as the 07's have been around a little longer I can find them in EBay...

Anyone have any ideas on the parts list and whether or not those numbers are good for an 07?

Thanks again!

I was trying to order a FSM for my LS from Toyota Material Distribution. They had it on perpetual backorder since Oct 2009. Anyways, I finally found a helpful employee (Dolores) who managed to track down the reason for the wait...Toyota is no longer carrying the slower moving manuals! (they still have some odds & ends in stock.) Anyways, the new source is Helm, the publisher of Honda FSM's (Service Manuals, Owner Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Service Bulletins - Helm Incorporated). The manuals/prices appear to be the same, but you cannot order just a single manual (say, vol2 to cover the mechanical stuff...you have to buy the entire set except for the electrical manual, which is sold individually outside the set. Dolores tells me some of the new Toyota FSM's have TEN volumes! (must be the hybrids :)). They list the FSM's for the LX470 & LC 100's. I didn't check the 200, but I noticed they don't have the LX570 FSM's.

I ordered the engine FSM from Toyota Material Distribution. $122.00 inc. tax and shipping. there are 3 more - Suspension, Nav and Electrical - all about the same price. Hopefully as the 07's have been around a little longer I can find them in EBay...!

The 2007 are on eBay, I posted a link in the other thread you created. You could have saved a lot of money buy ordering them from eBay...for the price you paid for one you could had paid $30 more and got all three. Oh well.

Last edited:
I canceled the first order. Got the one you found. I searched EBay - I just somehow missed this one. Thanks for your help.

The 2007 are on eBay, I posted a link in the other thread you created. You could have saved a lot of money buy ordering them from eBay...for the price you paid for one you could had paid $30 more and got all three. Oh well.

Hmmmm, I ordered manuals from Toyota Material Distribution months ago. I got the Electrical wiring diagram manual and ONE of the repair manuals but one has been on back order forever. I've called them a couple of times now and they just keep telling me they are on BO.

I too talked to Dolores. She's extremely helpful. I think I'm going to call her back.

Thanks for the link. I may end up ordering it from them. Only problem is I'm going to have to buy both when all I need is Vol. 1. :bang:

That was exactly the same answer I got from Toyota...they were on backorder...for 6 months! Only after I talked to Dolores and inquired on the status (whether they had ordered them at all?) that she found out that Helm is now carrying them rather than Toyota. Dolores also refunded my money since I had to prepay for the backorder.

Helm Inc. currently has the following repair manuals in stock for cruisers:

Repair Manuals:

'75-80 - $70

'84 - $70
'88 - $70
'89 - $70
'92 - $70
'93 - $70
'95 - $105
'96 - $105
'97 - $85
'98 - $70 per volume, 1 & 2 in stock
'03 - $70 volume 2 in stock

There are also some owner's, electrical, and body repair manuals available for some years: Helm Incorporated: Product Search Engine

So Helm doesn't carry anything for the 2000?

You might find other years by using the link and searching selecting the year specifically

The 2 vol. FSMs for the '04 UZJ100 don't cover the transmission (publication # RM999U). I haven't been able to find that either at a dealer or aftermarket.

I have the transmission manual for the A343 (RM479U) and it has no diagnostic or testing procedures. Basically the physical rebuild procedures by themselves. Only 111 pages.

If the RM999U manual is similar then I wouldn't waste your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom