Factory roof rack cross bars (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi CMCK, sorry for the late response.

My system uses the rectangulare Thule system. The photo you show uses the aerodynamic thule bars. I suspect those have much less load carrying capacity.

Thanks again!

Did you find bars from the same model year or does it not matter? They look to be the same for each year.

@cap80 - were you able to remove the back rack feet and remove the cross bars? I am trying to remove them from my roof rack (00 LC) and want to avoid taking out the entire roof rack.

shoot me a PM...You can have mine for the price of shipping. I just took mine off a 2000 LX470 yesterday. I am missing one of the thumb screws, but I have the backing plate that slides in the rack to put said missing screw into. (if that makes sense)

shoot me a PM...You can have mine for the price of shipping. I just took mine off a 2000 LX470 yesterday. I am missing one of the thumb screws, but I have the backing plate that slides in the rack to put said missing screw into. (if that makes sense)

Very grateful for that offer. It sounds like different model years may have different types of cross bars. I haven't been able to confirm compatibility among years and LX vs LC. Mine is a 2004. Would you mind posting a picture of the ends of the bars and maybe measuring the length? Thanks.

The ends look exactly like the two pictured on the first page of this thread. The side rails on the LX are 45.5" apart. The slightly curved bars are 46 3/16" long (inside frame rail measurement).

Where in California, I'm near Redding And I got a couple collecting dust off a 04.

Back to reviving the thread, in need for cross bars for my 2016...
It is my understanding based on oempartsworld.com the same part number works down to 2008
Thank you

Reviving the thread again. New to the forum and looking for factory crossbars for my 2001. Anyone have any laying around I could buy?

My turn! Looking for the crossbars for a 2002LC. I put a WTB in the classifieds but thought maybe this would capture the right persons attention. On another note has anyone done this to support a roof top tent? I'm hoping that by doubling up on the weakest link I'll be able to run a lower profile and avoid having to fab something up...

Didn't see it mentioned here , any way to slide OEM rails into the channel without removing the main supports / mounts ?

I removed my end caps and it appears that it isn't possible but maybe I'm missing something

I bought two used OEM cross members because the price was right and then realized Im not too bright as I don't think I can install them

YouTube it, it’s easy…

YouTube it, it’s easy…

Well I'm not concerned with the difficulty level I just don't want to remove the main mounts and compromise the weatherproofing .
>> Maybe that's not a concern ?

The extra cross members would have been cool in some scenarios but not necessary.

Just wasn't sure if I was missing another way of getting them installed without having to remove the mounting points.

Last edited:
Hmm wait it’s just a plastic cover. I never had to remove hardware to slide in the cross bars

Hmm wait it’s just a plastic cover. I never had to remove hardware to slide in the cross bars
Shoot maybe it varies across models .

I've removed all four covers and inspected . It appears the main mounts are secured into the rails not allowing the cross members to be slid out.

I'll take another look in the daylight but it didn't seem to be an option .

Anyone out there have experience with removing the roof rack mounts? Once those bolts are removed, do I compromise any weatherproofing?

Or maybe there is another way to slide new/used OEM cross bars in that I am missing.

2002 LC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom