Factory Rear Recovery Points (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The 100 I bought didn't have a tow hitch or rear recovery points. I installed a tow hitch and want to install recovery points. Looking at @TRAIL TAILOR, their website says that 60-, 80-, and 100-Series Land Cruisers all have the same bolt patterns for recovery points, but when I tried to bolt some points from an 80 they didn't fit under the hitch. Were the factory points attached somewhere else?

It could be that your hitch is blocking the bolt pattern—you may have to punch a hole in the hitch that lines up with the holes in the frame.

I do know Trail Tailor's rear points do fit the 80 and 100—I gave a pair to a friend with an 80, and they work well.

Trail Tailors worked on my 100.

Since you now have a hitch for around $40 you can simply keep one of these stashed in the truck:

414v7S1AFLL.jpg

I was thinking about that as an option.

Can anyone tell me where the factory points are installed?

Pretty close to the back of the frame. That should be the rearmost crossmember at left, and the last body mount on the right.

Not my pic:
s636847883211460006_p115_i8_w1920.jpg

Since you now have a hitch for around $40 you can simply keep one of these stashed in the truck:
Is there anything wrong with shoving the the looped end of a recovery strap into the receiver and sliding the hitch pin through?

Is there anything wrong with shoving the the looped end of a recovery strap into the receiver and sliding the hitch pin through?
I’ve done that too for straight-ish pulls but I’ve smoothed out the edges of my receiver opening to keep them from cutting into the strap. File down the sharp corners & burrs and keep an eye on strap wear.

My 2004 LX470 has the integrated bumper hitch with the protruding safety chain eyelets. Was looking for a shackle block for the hitch but most would not allow for the D-ring to be inserted due to location of those eyelets. Found this block from Agency6 that has double side hole and single top hole. This top hole allows the block to stick out enough for the D-ring to be inserted (vertically) and just barely kisses the rubber of my spare (285/60 R18 KO2). Seems like a good product.

Agency6 shackle block.jpg

Forgot to add this link and picture.
LX shackle block.jpg
LX shackle block.jpg

Try to get the pin out after it bends from the pull, you and your truck will have a great quality time together. Lol
Cheaper to get the hitch d-ring receiver than getting a new strap, pin and hitch. Not to mention its safer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom