Factory Overhead console bracket ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanting to install a factory overhead console in a truck that didn't come with one.

I have the guage, and the trim, still need a loom and potentially a bracket that is either bolted / welded / glued to the front window brace and roof skin.

Does anyone have a photo of the bracket or a part number ?

As looking to buy the loom to suit altimeter / sub tank.
And steel bracket I'm missing. Any information would be a great help.

PXL_20220411_091045072.MP.jpg

5 pin loom for sub tank and roof light requiring harness

PXL_20220411_091041216.MP.jpg
Screenshot_20220412-084356~2.png

Current roof situation, I believe there is a bracket to mount the roof console

I believe I screwed mine right in through the headliner and it found the right nuts in the roof. This is on a 9x lx450.

No sub tank in my addition.
There is two fine threaded M4/5 bolts on the rear of the console the loom like the need a bracket to go in, it's not a course tapered thread like something the head liner would support

That bracket is welded on in vehicles that came with a sunroof. Best bet is to cut one out of a part-out vehicle and weld in place. Better if you can cut yourself so you know where to attach it on your ride.

That bracket is welded on in vehicles that came with a sunroof. Best bet is to cut one out of a part-out vehicle and weld in place. Better if you can cut yourself so you know where to attach it on your ride.
In non sunroof it's bolted isn't it ? Or welded on both applications?

My truck is non sunroof and obviously doesn't have this bracket in place.

Thanks!

In non sunroof it's bolted isn't it ? Or welded on both applications?

My truck is non sunroof and obviously doesn't have this bracket in place.

Thanks!
All the ones I’ve seen, they are welded in

If you have a sunroof then you don’t need any “u” shaped brackets. I’ve added a few sub tanks to US spec trucks. All that will be required is to trim some of the roof liner.
Here you can see the 4 mounting holes.
Second photo shows the little ears I trimmed to allow the gauge console to fit.

****edit - just saw your photo of no sunroof. The information above is not applicable to you. Just like someone suggested - find someone parting out.
DE6D9C16-F093-43F1-8BA5-7C772E3BD8F5.jpeg
ABB3E55A-7196-43CC-AF42-7780CA3805DA.jpeg

If you have a sunroof then you don’t need any “u” shaped brackets. I’ve added a few sub tanks to US spec trucks. All that will be required is to trim some of the roof liner.
Here you can see the 4 mounting holes.
Second photo shows the little ears I trimmed to allow the gauge console to fit.

****edit - just saw your photo of no sunroof. The information above is not applicable to you. Just like someone suggested - find someone parting out.
View attachment 2983800View attachment 2983801

ETA: the holes are m6x1.0 so a M6x1.0 60mm should work for the roof console.

Do you or anyone else have details of the two screws needed that screw in closest to the windshield? Length and pitch? I have a console and reused the middle screws but don’t have the other two.

These:

2FCBFE1D-E4F8-47C3-851D-AB177A8EA905.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom