Factory OEM Dash Grab Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am in search of a factory OEM dash grab bar for a FJ60 series. I understand that these were only offered on Australian Land Cruisers? Has anyone installed one on there 60 series LC? If so how do you like it? The install seems pretty straight forward. If anyone has one for sale or knows where I could find one please let me know !!

most 62 series had them...a little bit more refined than the 60 series grab handle....i bought one forever ago and couldnt bring myself self to drill a few holes in my otherwise pristine dash.

Brian,

Thanks for the response, I did not realize they made different styles of grab handles for the 60/62 series. Regarding the drilling, I realize that is the one and only modification the installation requires.

The FJ62 glove box grab bar is superior to the non-USA FJ60 metal grab bar. I installed one on my cruiser (FJ62 bar) 30 years ago.
I cut out my glove box in its later years for another reason but you can see the 62 grab bar installed on the dash. This pic was taken when dash stuff was apart when I was working on something else.

E75F26C6-9E85-44CF-8A51-AE19EFCB4636.jpeg

No way, the 60s design is metal and more elegant.
60s design is metal and more elegant - that’s an Oxymoron right there!! :rofl:
Just to be honest, I have the full covered 62 style and have never seen a actual 60 style
in real life. I tend to possibly agree with you about the look.
Anything this stylish is worth whatever holes need to be drilled. J

Don't stop with the dash bar. You can also get A-pillar, B-Pillar and over-the-window grab handles too!

Drilling the holes for the dash handle is easy. I remember getting the nuts on is a little challenging. I may have had to remove to radio to get the one(s) on the left.

grab assist.jpg

Don't stop with the dash bar. You can also get A-pillar, B-Pillar and over-the-window grab handles too!

Drilling the holes for the dash handle is easy. I remember getting the nuts on is a little challenging. I may have had to remove to radio to get the one(s) on the left.

View attachment 3005348
Oh man, my mom would bake me a pie if I could install a passenger A-pillar handle. Every time she flies out to visit me she has such a hard time getting in the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom