Factory MWB Jump Seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I saw this picture in this ebay listing.

Was this a factory thing or did someone just add these in down in South America?

P1110644.jpg

I believe they started to appear as a factory option in the early 90's. I have seen and have had several 80's vintage trucks with these installed. The earlier trucks did not appear to be completely set up for them from the factory but they do seem to install quite well. All of the ones I have seen were shorter though and did not interfere with the rear seat.

Last edited:
Its impressive, the way that truck is set up it can haul 8 people. They do look kinda practical... for small people.

image.jpg
One would think, perhaps incorrectly, that Mr. Toyota would not design OEM seats that interfered with each other. (overlapping of the seat backs)

Can't really say for certain but there looks like some gray vinyl peeking out by the 3rd row seat hinge... which hints they might not be original to the vehicle. Perhaps borrowed from the 40 series?... which did have split bench seats?

On another note, anybody know what those brackets are, on top of the wheel wells?

toyota nico ultmas dic 15 042.jpg

I have the rear jump seats in my FJ73, they are great for small people (kids) but not that practical for adults. As Twatson pointed out, the ones in the ebay listing interfere with the rear bench seat. Mine don't do that at all. I have the same seat covers in my FJ73 but a tan color.

Here is a pic of mine.

FJ73seats2_zpsqbi92dum.jpg

Other side facing rear seats used in troopy's slope back a bit more than those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom