Factory Lockers Option - Poll

• Thread starter Scott_sFZJ80
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Do you have this option?

• Total voters
Scott_sFZJ80

Scott_sFZJ80

Ok, we have all heard that only a small percentage of all the 80’s came with this option (US version). Let’s get a poll of what at least the people on this IH8MUD board have. Please vote and then state what year and if it’s a US version (if not then where). Thanks :cheers:

Echo_29

Echo_29

Factory Lockers Option - Pole

US 96 Locked.
FYI: When I was looking to buy of the 30 or so Land Cruisers I looked at or called on at least 12 had f/r lockers.

T Y L E R

T Y L E R

[glow=teal,90000,90000]

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: LOCK THIS :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

[/glow]

shocker

shocker

I'll be the first to say no. When I was looking (3 years ago) all of the locked ones I found in my area were pretty worn down, with high miles and questionable maintenance. I figured I'd rather get one in good condition than a locked one that would be a gamble on condition/reliability.

Where I'm located, there aren't that many that come on the market, and I had to drive 4 hours to get the one I got. Even though it had no lockers, it was in pristine condition (very well taken care of) with no factory roof rack or running boards. I figured a couple grand for ARB's in the future was worth it for the condition this one was in, which essentially equated to paying 2K for peace of mind.

bkgiii

bkgiii

Unlocked '96, although I saw her 'twin' in town with lockers......considering a swap.

C

Chris C Atlanta

Unlocked 97 40th mall cruiser, err, daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom