Factory Grab Bar Question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DKM

Threads
From the threads I've read on here, there really weren't any factory grab bars on North America models, is that correct? As I am trying to take this thing back to factory, I want to confirm that this isn't original to my 78 40. Thanks for any input!

IMG_4197.jpg

That was probably made by con-fer. They are fairly desirable. Early 40s with out dash boards had factory grab bars. You should loose the carpet, it will hold moisture.

You can see the holes for the factory grab bar just above the glovebox. Holes were still there minus the fixed nut. When the padded dash is installed there will be covered.

Reactions: DKM
That was probably made by con-fer. They are fairly desirable. Early 40s with out dash boards had factory grab bars. You should loose the carpet, it will hold moisture.
That's what I figured. I guess that's why I have regular bolts fastened to the windshield, rather than the black-handled fastener (because that bar gets in the way of the black handles). I'll be taking it off and patching when I paint.

Yes, carpet is coming out and is the reason for some of the rust in the front floor pan.

You can see the holes for the factory grab bar just above the glovebox. Holes were still there minus the fixed nut. When the padded dash is installed there will be covered.
I was wondering what those holes were for. Thanks.

That's what I figured. I guess that's why I have regular bolts fastened to the windshield, rather than the black-handled fastener (because that bar gets in the way of the black handles). I'll be taking it off and patching when I paint.

Yes, carpet is coming out and is the reason for some of the rust in the front floor pan.
Looks like a PO installed the handle in the wrong location. They are usually installed more the the left and I think slightly lower. so you would haver better access the the ash tray too. If you put that bar in the classified section someone will gobble it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom