Factory fog light wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star
Threads
Curious how the factory wired the fog light lights which seem almost standard in the Middle East? Plus how most here are wiring fog lights to operate? All my newer vehicles have a fog light switch and fog lights only work when fog switch is on and head lights on with low beam. Do not need any help with the actual wiring just how they function.

Thanks for any input

When I recently installed our OEM fog lights to an OEM switch I used a wiring harness from Coolerman that was perfect. The bullet connectors plugged right in at the fog lights and the connector was set up to plug into the factory connection on the switch. Just needed a 12v feed from the fuse box and a ground. If I recall correctly, I tapped into the headlight side of the fuse to the fog lights can operate independently of the headlights with the key off.

When I recently installed our OEM fog lights to an OEM switch I used a wiring harness from Coolerman that was perfect. The bullet connectors plugged right in at the fog lights and the connector was set up to plug into the factory connection on the switch. Just needed a 12v feed from the fuse box and a ground. If I recall correctly, I tapped into the headlight side of the fuse to the fog lights can operate independently of the headlights with the key off.
This wiring harness is probably cleaner that what I did. I purchased a fog wiring harness off of amazon which has direct connection to the battery with a relay. I wired it into an OEM fog light switch. Seems to work ok.

Curious how the factory wired the fog light lights which seem almost standard in the Middle East? Plus how most here are wiring fog lights to operate? All my newer vehicles have a fog light switch and fog lights only work when fog switch is on and head lights on with low beam. Do not need any help with the actual wiring just how they function.

Thanks for any input

the b+ leeds to the front FOG Lamps John , is fed thu the low beams ACTIVE ON circuit , RED wire w/ YELLOW tracer stripe ...

how can i further help my old friend ?

thanks matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom