Factory-Esque Wheel Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am wanting to put some wider wheels on my 60 (for bigger tires), but want to maintain the aesthetic of the factory wheels. I have searched the internet, and emailed a few different companies to see if they could build me something like the stock FJ60 wheel, but wider. So far my search has proven fruitless. I have found very similar 8-spoke wheels, but the backspacing is too large and I do not want to run wheel spacers. Has anyone found any wheels that fit my criteria? Figured I would ask before I throw in the flag....

Thanks,
M

The later toyota steel wheels are a nice way to go and i think they look good on 60's. they are 16". @ToyotaMatt or maybe @cruiseroutfit might be able to help find them. I scan craigslist regularly and I only just missed out on a set of 5 recently for about $100 which is a complete steal for steel ;)

Like this one I believe

1604421911633.png

Found these in a search for steel toyota truck rims on google. not sure if they are the correct ones

1604421969629.png

This is the City Racer wheel: 16" Wheels / Rims for Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ45 FJ55 FJ60. Allows you to run FJ40 hubcaps, which are just too cool on a '60.

But I thought there also were painted (not chromed) spoked 60 series rims that look just like the 15s, but are 16" in dia., and are silver. I can't find a link to those.

Found these in a search for steel toyota truck rims on google. not sure if they are the correct ones

Thanks Seth.

I am looking for something more along the lines of the 6-spoke 15x6 chrome plated steelies like these:
1604422164286.png

I just need to find them in a wider size. I do appreciate your recommendation!

This is the City Racer wheel: 16" Wheels / Rims for Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ45 FJ55 FJ60. Allows you to run FJ40 hubcaps, which are just too cool on a '60.

But I thought there also were painted (not chromed) spoked 60 series rims that look just like the 15s, but are 16" in dia., and are silver. I can't find a link to those.

Thanks Steve. These wheels do like pretty good on the 60, unfortunately they are 16x5.5, and I would be looking for something preferably closer to 8".

There isn't a 15x7 inch wheel that looks like the original USA FJ60 available in the USA

Hello,

I am wanting to put some wider wheels on my 60 (for bigger tires), but want to maintain the aesthetic of the factory wheels. I have searched the internet, and emailed a few different companies to see if they could build me something like the stock FJ60 wheel, but wider. So far my search has proven fruitless. I have found very similar 8-spoke wheels, but the backspacing is too large and I do not want to run wheel spacers. Has anyone found any wheels that fit my criteria? Figured I would ask before I throw in the flag....

Thanks,
M
Thanks Seth.

I am looking for something more along the lines of the 6-spoke 15x6 chrome plated steelies like these:
View attachment 2485230
I just need to find them in a wider size. I do appreciate your recommendation!

Please Keep it OEM wagons , use your resources to simply buy the correct width BFG's and the tall height you desire

CCOT pioneered this look and technique way back

coolfj40_2271_74846710.jpeg

1604425739869.png

1604425835290.png

1604425856245.png

1604425901319.png

Find a wheel builder, like Stockton Wheel, and have them cut the centres out of a set of stock wheels and weld them in some wider rims. It’s pretty common, especially with race/track cars. If you’ve got any sort of local race shop ask if they know who widens wheels locally.

You can get these 16" 70-series wheels (silver from Factory), but I think they're still only 6" or 6.5" wide.

Other than that, nothing that I know of in a wider wheel that is chrome unless custom made. Contact stockton wheel, but you're looking at $$$ if you want something made then chromed.

1604435244962.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom