Factory Deck were do the wires go? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok I bought a stereo for a 1992 LC. I have a 1991 LC. It is a factory deck with the tape and CD player. Problem is I have three plugs in the hole where the stereo goes but none of them matcht he one plug slot on the back of the stereo? Should there be a wiring harness off the back of the stereo that will plug into my three plugs? If so will someone sell me one so I can listen to something besides my very quiet yet restrictive exhaust.

I should say I searched and lots of info for aftermarket install but I can't find a thread on dropping in a factory deck. I just want something to listen to.

Not sure on the 91 but most have a factory amp with a din cable.
Amp behind the glove box with all the speaker wires into it then a single din cable back to the HU. Sounds like you may have had an after market system that bypassed the factory amp and thats why you are not seeing the din cable.

There should be 3 plugs back there. Not all of them are used for the factory deck. IIRC, two are used for the factory deck and the other one is is used if you are using the aftermarket deck.

I have a 94 radio and the harness in my garage. Actually I have a whole 94 in my garage. When I get to that point I'll shoot some pictures so you can see the plugs and harness. I will be parting with this radio and I might be able to seperate the harness.

Do you know what radio your rig came with from the factory? Some were AM/FM tape and some were AM/FM tape and CD. The ones with a CD had an amp and used the different plugs.

I also have a 91 that came with the factory CD. I got a unit from a 96 and have not been able to hook it up. Let me know what you figure out....

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom