Factory colored wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know of a source where I can buy factory colored wiring? I’ve got a few harnesses that need repaired on my 74’ fj55. Thanks!

Thanks! The harness isn’t too hacked up, so it’s worth fixing and what’s there is killing me 😂

I am working on remaking the entire harness. I have it almost done now.
20221030_222426.jpg

That is cool, @V8FJ4078 I fear I'll be right behind you - as mine is fairly hacked up.
I deleted things out that were not being used with V8. I also added a few wires to the TPI computer. I added a second fuse box to run accessories. I hope to put it in tomorrow to check layouts then make sure I have it all sorted and wrap it up...literally!

Follow one section at a time starting from the fuse blocks and then look at all the junctions of wires. I added grounds for a few things since I have a fiberglass body. That will take care of running ground wires separately to ensure have good grounds.

Buy terminals from coolerman & ToyotaMatt, anything from Amazon is junk! Quality parts certainly made the job easy!

I built the harness on top of the old one, I know coolerman used a big sheet of plywood/pegboard, which would be better if I was assembling several of them.
I did document and write down lengths to things and where each wire goes...not sure how to document in an easy to follow format.
I also had found a few wire colors not listed on diagrams, green orange was one of them. Mine had the pink resistor wire in as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom