factory cable diff lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi all.

i have a pretty sad and tired hzj75 troopy that a while ago i fitted hj75 diffs which have OEM cable diff lockers.
the price of troopys in the northern territory (australia) has gone through the roof so i wanna capitalise and sell the old girl, but i really want to keep the diffs for a 40 series project.
price for standard diffs to replace them is around $3000 bucks for front/rear-disc to disc but even then im having trouble finding any suitable units here.

should i just bite the bullet and sell the troopy with the diffs, or are they something to hang onto?

cheers muchly, happy mudding.

Ditch the cable lockers and put these in your 40:

Oh, and be sure to use words in your ad when referring to the cable lockers like, unicorn and rare......which, even as overused today as they are, seem to appeal to the masses.

I would be surprised that you couldn't find unlocked 3rd members all over down there to just swap in. That said it's still a bit of a swap to do 3rds but should be much cheaper than the whole axle. you still would have to find the right length cables and all assorted attachments to make them work in a 40.

Otherwise get Eaton lockers or ARB's and be done.

thanks for the replies. its not really a “for sale” kinda thing. i wanna keep them but struggling to find affordable replacements. its either someone says “youll never find them again hold onto them” or “theyre crap, thats why theyre not popular”

keep or send.

the rear is a straight center swap, but requires the locked axles because the spline is longer. the front is a complete assembly. disc to disc. the centers dont interchange between hj and hzj.

thanks again

thanks for the replies. its not really a “for sale” kinda thing. i wanna keep them but struggling to find affordable replacements. its either someone says “youll never find them again hold onto them” or “theyre crap, thats why theyre not popular”

keep or send.

the rear is a straight center swap, but requires the locked axles because the spline is longer. the front is a complete assembly. disc to disc. the centers dont interchange between hj and hzj.

thanks again
My comment was referring to your sales advertisement for the Troopy (with the cable lockers still installed). I assumed if you went to the trouble to pull them that you would keep them. Again, I would send them down the road.

keep or send.

thanks again
There definitely not crap, I may be the minority but I think they are worth keeping.
I like the fact that they are completely mechanical, no air no wires needed or to go wrong.
I also like that you can manually lock or unlock them, you can't do that with other lockers !!
Don't let them go !!
JMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom