Factory battery negative terminal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
eurasiaoverland.com
I'm restoring a 1989 BJ60, 12V, single battery type.

At some point someone has put on a cheap and nasty looking negative terminal for the battery on the main earth strap, which I'm keen to replace. Could someone who knows their wiring is original (I'm assuming the terminal would be the same on any 60 series) please post a picture of what the negative terminal looks like please?

Thanks

EO

Last edited:
Here is original terminal on HJ60
IMG-20201014-WA0003.jpg

Perfect, thanks! Now I just need to find one...

Last edited:

Shows single cable, lead lug clamp. Doesn’t show split ground. Just replace the lead clamp. Build second ground short to fender if you feel it’s necessary. This would be least expensive route.

I offer New Negative 60 series cables , hand made 100% toyota oem parts & ANCHOR Marine Grade cable ...

Thanks, but my cable is largely fine and original, I was just looking for a clamp, but indeed I may have to end up going with that screw-type Toyota clamp you have there.

I'm restoring a 1989 BJ60, 12V, single battery type.

At some point someone has put on a cheap and nasty looking negative terminal for the battery on the main earth strap, which I'm keen to replace. Could someone who knows their wiring is original (I'm assuming the terminal would be the same on any 60 series) please post a picture of what the negative terminal looks like please?

Thanks

EO

1605235192732.png

Shows single cable, lead lug clamp. Doesn’t show split ground. Just replace the lead clamp. Build second ground short to fender if you feel it’s necessary. This would be least expensive route.

You found my exact model :)

Indeed, the ground is a single cable but it has an in-line connector which bolts the radiator. The strands are a little frayed around one side of that so it would be nice to find another such connector and splice a new piece onto the cable with a new terminal.

I have that positive terminal waiting in my cupboard among a lot of new parts for the rebuilding to begin, but I believe I will need a slightly smaller terminal for the negative pole.

Thanks

EO

Thanks, but my cable is largely fine and original, I was just looking for a clamp, but indeed I may have to end up going with that screw-type Toyota clamp you have there.

i reply'd t to your starter lug rubber boot thread

i have your unicorn oem toyota japan YAZAKI ........

You found my exact model :)

Indeed, the ground is a single cable but it has an in-line connector which bolts the radiator. The strands are a little frayed around one side of that so it would be nice to find another such connector and splice a new piece onto the cable with a new terminal.

I have that positive terminal waiting in my cupboard among a lot of new parts for the rebuilding to begin, but I believe I will need a slightly smaller terminal for the negative pole.

Thanks

EO

like this here , even comes with a free oem terminal nut ..........

fyi:

black base is always larger positive

grey base is always smaller neg- ground

this TECH example is a NEG. ground ........... 🙂

2468D6C1-AF42-4A03-B458-70A55DE85950.jpeg
B4594FBB-B332-4663-834E-C7045F3D0E84.jpeg

T1.Nm2Xq0iXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

:cool:

Seems I missed the hard connector and bolt just off the battery. I think you’d be best to get ToyotaMatt
cable as the factory one is no longer available. Unless your cable has good integrity. But usually if the clamp has degraded then electrical corrosion travels quite a ways inside the sheathing of the existing cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom