Factory Alarm System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm wondering if you guys have had a hard time dealing with the alarm. My entire neighborhood hates me, it's official.

It doesn't go off in the middle of the night for an unknown reason, but goes off when I'm working on it or loading up, etc.

Is there a way that I can just remove/unplug the horn from it,? I think I can deal with just the alarm absent the horn.

Thank you (from the entire neighborhood) in advance.

Sure, there will be a wire that snakes up the steering column, just cut it.
Be sure to cap it off with with an insulated cap.
Or you could end up like me....

Sure, there will be a wire that snakes up the steering column, just cut it.
Be sure to cap it off with with an insulated cap.
Or you could end up like me....
Thank you. The archived article was helpful (either the brown or the green wire to cut and cap).

I did this, removing the horn so it wouldn't annoy neighbors, resulted in a dead battery as I couldn't tell the alarm was going off.

Best thing is to remove the system or replace it:

Why is your alarm going off so much?
Because I don’t know how to use it properly. It automatically sets if the keys are in the ignition for more than 30 seconds even if the doors are unlocked.

There is a manual floating around on here that details how to disable the auto set feature on the alarm. I would do that before removing it.

I used to have issues with mine going off randomly during rainstorms

Pissed off quite a few neighbors as well (train horns lol)

Turns out the glass breakage sensor was the cause, so I just disconneted it and used the slot for a rear auxilary light switch.

I've been meaning to add a proximity sensor in its place, but just never got around to it

Because I don’t know how to use it properly. It automatically sets if the keys are in the ignition for more than 30 seconds even if the doors are unlocked.
If you have this ECU under driver seat & status monitor to the left of your locking diff dial ;) , let me know
I’ll send you pics of relevant pages from the manual

C932656C-E470-4683-8575-C580C3919DF6.jpeg

After 8 years I got tired of the factory alarm turning itself on/off or just not working at all time to time. Got rid of it and installed a Compustar with the Drone Mobile app. Full alarm system with vehicle tracking controlled through the remote or your phone. I'll be putting up a write-up soon but a month in so far I don't know why I waited so long.

If you have this ECU under driver seat & status monitor to the left of your locking diff dial ;) , let me know
I’ll send you pics of relevant pages from the manual

View attachment 2717201
Very helpful, thank you
After 8 years I got tired of the factory alarm turning itself on/off or just not working at all time to time. Got rid of it and installed a Compustar with the Drone Mobile app. Full alarm system with vehicle tracking controlled through the remote or your phone. I'll be putting up a write-up soon but a month in so far I don't know why I waited so long.
rhis thing is driving me crazy. Thought I had it figured out based on a manual that a kind member posted. Then while I was under the car, doors unlocked and no key in, it decided to go off. So F&@&#N sick of this thing!

rhis thing is driving me crazy. Thought I had it figured out based on a manual that a kind member posted. Then while I was under the car, doors unlocked and no key in, it decided to go off. So F&@&#N sick of this thing!
Not gonna lie, it was pricey @ $1,500 CDN but it includes a 3yr subscription for the vehicle tracking. After it was broken into in my own driveway between 4pm-9pm and almost taken the decision was made to upgrade. Only reason I still have it cuz the ignition was faulty and they couldn't start it - but they knew exactly where the factory alarm and siren were to rip both out.

When someone tried to steal mine

Dayum Snake!! What did the fool try to come back and get (looks like he picked something up off the ground)? And then what did he try to pull on you? Was this in NY? Fool probably saw a woman run out and thought, "I can handle this..." BANG! Is it okay that I liked the little extra kick you gave his dumb ass?? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom