Factory Alarm goes off while driving (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had a strange thing happen today, wife was driving the truck, sitting at a stoplight and randomly the alarm goes into full alert. Lights flashing, horn honking, etc. Truck stayed running the whole time and she was able to press the button on the fob to stop the alarm.

Did a quick search on this with no results. Only thing that makes sense to me is that some how one of the other keys depressed the button on the fob, sending it into panic mode?

Anyone else ever seen this?

Thanks.

1996 LX450, All stock for now.

Did you spill something under the driver's seat?

I had a can of soda roll under the DS, then the rear heater warmed it up until it exploded. After that, my alarm started doing stupid stuff to the point that I removed the entire system.

Check the wiring int eh DS kick panel A pillar. Some of that can work its way loose or get wet and corrode and do weird stuff too. Mine had some of that early on.

That thing's like a cancer on the electrical system. Do yourself a favor and rip it out by the roots. If you really need an alarm system you're better off with a new tech style anyway. Or a length of 1.25" hydraulic hose.

2017-11-08 15_14_23-RS3000 Toyota Alarm System 95-97.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom