Factory 4 way trailer plug along with 7 pin RV plug?

mep1811

Is there a 4 way trailer plug hiding somewhere by the seven pin RV plug?

I have a factory trailer wiring.

Or do I need to get an adapter ?

Thanks

CharlieS

SILVER Star

mep1811

Thanks not an issue getting an adapter. I just thought maybe there was a four-way plug hidden away in there. For example on my Porsche the trailer plug has both the 7 pin and 4 pin in one housing

CharlieS

SILVER Star

The up side of the coiled wire style is that it reaches from the 7 pin connector on the vehicle to the 4 pin on the trailer without over stretching any trailer connected wires. Few of my trailers have a 4 pin connector that is long enough to reach to the land cruiser mounted connector.

bloc

SILVER Star

The up side of the coiled wire style is that it reaches from the 7 pin connector on the vehicle to the 4 pin on the trailer without over stretching any trailer connected wires. Few of my trailers have a 4 pin connector that is long enough to reach to the land cruiser mounted connector.
Uhaul gives away 4-wire extension cables like they are candy.

mep1811

I ordered one of these. Should making plugging the 7 way much easier.

hankinid

SILVER Star

I ended up ordering a 7 and 4-pin one piece socket from Redneck Trailer Supply. I installed one on :princess: 's Dodge diesel horse hauler last summer. No issues, good water sealing, especially with a bunch of snow. It was easy on the truck as it was a drop-in...but it's roll your own for Toyota on the link. Yet one more winter project...

Top Bottom