Facelift for the 80 - A little does a lot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Flank

American by Birth, Texan by the grace of God.
Threads
Website
www.staltimber.com
While waiting for the time to do a Satoshi mod front grill, I decided I could not live with the rock dinged chrome any longer. And the Gold sombrero had to go.

Stripped all front plastic from the truck, a few hours of sanding, 3-4 coats of Dupli-color clear primer for plastic and charcoal matallic for the main. Here is what I came up with. Sombrero is now a nice gloss black for contrast.

Pretty happy with how it turned out:
IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0003.jpg

That looks really nice, I recently did the same to mine, although I just bought a new emblem from cruiserdan to replace my nasty gold one. Next on my list are the sunburnt yellow centercaps!

Turned out nice..good job.

:grinpimp: looks much better and you have the right color truck too;)

actually, Treeroot, I am looking to copy your front end. :grinpimp:

Just have to find a shop in Vegas to do the louvers... Those were sweet, by the way.:clap:

Nice! similar to what I did, but mine is Rustoleum-brand flat black :hillbilly:

Tint the blinkers. Looks better, IMO, like a football player ready to charge.

n539070227_4271001_5432.jpg

Nice! similar to what I did, but mine is Rustoleum-brand flat black :hillbilly:

Tint the blinkers. Looks better, IMO, like a football player ready to charge.

n539070227_4271001_5432.jpg

LOL . Your nickname in college was Frank the Tank, wasn't it?

LOL . Your nickname in college was Frank the Tank, wasn't it?

:lol:

Dude, I'm 20. I haven't even STARTED college yet.

Looks good! I was thinking of doing something similar to my LX soon.

Do you have to re-glue the emblem on? Or is it a snap in? I would like to do this to both of my gold sombrero's.

i painted my grill a while back. It was nice for a few months until road debris started chipping it away. Now i have nice shiny chrome spots coming through the dark paint.

Do you have to re-glue the emblem on? Or is it a snap in? I would like to do this to both of my gold sombrero's.

Emblem is attached with 3 Phillips head screws from back side. No gluing necessary.

i painted my grill a while back. It was nice for a few months until road debris started chipping it away. Now i have nice shiny chrome spots coming through the dark paint.

I'm a little paranoid about that as well... I did sand well and primer the Holy Hell out of it with auto trim primer and use auto grade trim paint, so I hope it holds.

Lookin' good man! I might have to do something like that to my cruiser, even though it is hidden behind an ARB and a winch. Plus mine doesn't have the sombrero, just the letters. Still an interesting idea to kick around.:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom