f250 dana 60's.. what i gotta do (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys ive got an opportunity to buy a set of dana 60's from an f250. they have the disk brakes as well, they are from a 99 f250. but they dont have the center section. well the third memeber is there but the gears arent. they look really good. ok

1. so my question is how much might these be worth?

2. what all modifications would i have to do to get these under a fj40, i know spring perches, but like narrowing and stuff of that sort.

any info would be great!!!!

Are you running stock land cruiser drivetrain? If so, the ford axle has the diff on the driver side, stock land cruiser is passenger side. The front won't work.

great point, ya bring up about the front, well what would the rear be worth with full disks and being rebuilt? minus the gears.

i think he wants like 600 each, ive never bought axles so i dont know. i wasnt even thinkin bout it, i saw them and got to thinkin

What is "rebuilt" if there is no gear set in it?

It's basically scrap without the gears.

Are the axle shafts in it?

Got to a pick a part and for 150.00 per axle you can get a 14 bolt rear and a Dana 60 front (GM). If you wait until they have their sale prices you can get 50% off.

Do not live up to your screen name and pay that amount! That would be plum crazy :)

I just put a used front axle under a 2001 F350 at work yesterday and the old complete axle is laying here. It is 52" from center or bal joint to center of bal joint. I think it is about a food wider than stock cruiser axles. It is not worth the work if you still have the stock drive train in the truck.

I sold the old axle complete for $300 The customer wanted different gears and bought a complete front axle with the gears he wanted and some fancy wheel bearings for the front and drilled rotors and had me install it all.

Are you running stock land cruiser drivetrain? If so, the ford axle has the diff on the driver side, stock land cruiser is passenger side. The front won't work.

It's not that difficult to alter the frt end so the pumpkin is on the passenger side.

It's not that difficult to alter the frt end so the pumpkin is on the passenger side.

:lol:

It is far easier to find a pass side diff front axle to begin with....

:meh:

The 99 f250 I had was a Dana 50 in front and a Sterling in the rear. I've seen people "trying" to sell them for an arm and a leg, but never actually seen anyone get said arm and leg for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom