F135 Camshaft replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried to search this but could not find an answer.

I see vendors listing the same camshaft for early to late F/2F's ('58 to '86 odd). Is this correct? Are the camshafts for all years the same? I want to replace my 135's camshaft which has a pitted lobe and have spare good 2F and later F camshafts.

With a micrometer, can't you just measure and study them (135 vs. 2F) very closely to see if they are identical?

There's an oiling hole difference to watch for. There's another thread on that here somewhere.

Thanks for the feedback! I can always have the existing one rebuilt/surfaced locally for a great deal less than I see SOR needs for one. More an itch to get it going quickly after it has been standing probably for some 20/30 years judging by the mould on the roof.

I have it open top and bottom in the Cruiser currently to look for any issues prior to firing it.

It’s the same cam profile as the later F & 2F engines, but has an additional hole drilled in one of the bearing areas to provide oil to the rockers. A lot of a aftermarket cams have the additional hole so they can be used on anything, but some do not.

It’s the same cam profile as the later F & 2F engines, but has an additional hole drilled in one of the bearing areas to provide oil to the rockers. A lot of a aftermarket cams have the additional hole so they can be used on anything, but some do not.
Thank you so much Splangy!

I have been to this rodeo before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom