F to 2F Swap Wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I will be swapping my 1971 F engine with a 1981 2F engine in my FJ40.

The 2F engine has the oil cooler and is desmogged. I presume the alternator and oil pressure are the only two areas of wiring that require a change since they are moving from the left to the right side.

Does anyone know of a wiring kit that plugs into the stock 1971 harness? I can make them myself but exploring if there is something already available.

I would hit up ToyotaMatt, he is a vendor here and will likely know exactly what you need and be able to provide some guidance

I just swapped a '78 2F into my '70. I found it easier to use the '78 harness. Less modifications. I had a complete donor truck with switches, cluster though. hook up for lights are the only small difference.

Thanks for the feedback. Mark (Coolerman) rebuilt my entire harness a few years back so going to stay with the 1971 harness. If I had not spent the money on the harness, I may have gone with a newer harness as you suggested. I sent Mark a PM yesterday and waiting to see what he replies with.

I just swapped a F engine with a 2F. used the alternator bracket from the f engine to keep it where it was. used the 2f fan and fan clutch with 2f pulley. kept the the harmonic balancer. also using the oil cooler. the only thing really you need to do to the wiring from the 71 is extend the oil pressure wire to the passenger side since the oil pressure unit is on the passenger side by the oil filter.
And yoU can keep the alternator wires where they originally are.

I just swapped a F engine with a 2F. used the alternator bracket from the f engine to keep it where it was. used the 2f fan and fan clutch with 2f pulley. kept the the harmonic balancer. also using the oil cooler. the only thing really you need to do to the wiring from the 71 is extend the oil pressure wire to the passenger side since the oil pressure unit is on the passenger side by the oil filter.
And yoU can keep the alternator wires where they originally are.
This is what I plan to do. Also want to keep the early air cleaner

You can
here is mine!
Early carb,intake and exhaust, early air cleaner.
2f WP, w oil cooler, and early fp.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom