f**K!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my smog pump froze up Saturday, and the guy cant do it untill Wed., and Im leaving for Vacation this Saturday.
Im trying Metro Land Cruisers in Montclair NJ. recomended my
Jman.
If i had time , id do it myself.
I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
thanks for letting me rant
Hammer

Took me 1 hour to remove mine, gut it, and replace the shell.
Good Luck

i thought of that, but in NJ, it wouldnt pass the smog test.

And are you going to be taking a smog test before your vacation...?

If not, why don't you just gut it and put in a new one later?

no time, and im not kidding. i get home from work at 6:00pm, and work on the house untill midnight.
took on a big reno job this summer, thinking id get it done, being my wife is a teacher, and home from school for the summer, therefor letting me get some time to do things ( ie, the smog pump)
i was wrong, dead wrong.
hammer

You need to find out why yours crapped out, otherwise the replacement is going to do the same thing. I remeber you saying that the hose from your air rail was burned out when you worke on your PS pump. Have the shop check the check valve - sounds like you've got hot air pushing back into the pump. That could be one source of your failure.

If your PS pump was leaking on it, that was probably one of the contributors, too. At least your made it over 200k miles...

hammer1 said:
no time, and im not kidding. i get home from work at 6:00pm, and work on the house untill midnight.
took on a big reno job this summer, thinking id get it done, being my wife is a teacher, and home from school for the summer, therefor letting me get some time to do things ( ie, the smog pump)
i was wrong, dead wrong.
hammer

You too huh? I'm nearing the end of my renovation project. I haven't spent a weekend outside playing sinc the summer started. I'm looking forward to having some time to spend on my truck. I'm close to being able to clear out the garage so it will actually fit inside again.

Seriously, tempoarily gutting the pump to make a trip shouldn't take more than 2 hours. Good luck.

cant you just pull the belt of the smog pump and run it around your alt.,water pum and crank? if ya dont have huge tires driving with out ps should not be too bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom