f engine problems. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Look at the PCV valve (red hose), I had a very similar issue a couple of years back, PCV was leaking excessively at idle, causing a vacuum leak. I was lucky and found a new PCV on e bay that threads into the oil fill. If you need to, use a PCV from a newer vintage and splice into the hose.
Interesting. Yea our carb spacer was on upside down, so the PCV was facing the inside of the car. However, the carb was not flipped around too, so it was pulling air through the secondary in the carb. we fixed that but maybe we just need a new hose.

Interesting. Yea our carb spacer was on upside down, so the PCV was facing the inside of the car. However, the carb was not flipped around too, so it was pulling air through the secondary in the carb. we fixed that but maybe we just need a new hose.

Welp, I plugged in the idle solenoid and was able to run the car with no choke, and it didnt die on me. However, the mixture screw still doesnt change anything at all. I took it for a small drive around my neighberhood and it was fine, but coming up the driveway, i had to rev the piss out of it to get it the small hill. I believe this carb may be shot or something along those lines.

PCV is directional, there should be an arrow…flows from the crankcase to the carb. Under the primary if a 2 barrel. The old PCVs with the threaded end, can leak by excessively. Even if it rattles it could still be bad. You can check by getting it running and pinching the hose, if the engine smooths out, while pinching off the hose, it’s a pretty good indication that you have a bad PCV.

The other issue is that the OEM PCV for the older rigs is no longer available…..you’ll need to try a couple of different ones from other vehicles. Old start with a PCV from a 2F and work from there. They all have different bleed rates for different engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom