F engine oil delivery union removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am on step 23, trying to remove the oil delivery union from the rocker shafts
so each rocker shaft can be lifted off the head.

the screw at the back is not moving and the screw slot is getting a little opened up from trying

any secrets, tips or ideas?

I am only trying to get all my lifters and push rods out

21E49FF1-7DCE-427B-93E2-63BAB299B970.jpeg
AD1EBDAD-F869-4BC9-B763-8FF981D6898C.jpeg

D23B2499-8F1B-45CB-8C5C-7612B19A25E6.jpeg

Does your screwdriver fit tightly and is the tip not worn?

You might seek out a screwdriver bit and custom-fit it to the screw, or use gunsmithing screwdriver bits. You (obviously) don't want to booger up the screw head. Beyond that, I don't have a secret sauce to getting it out.

The screw is not meant to be turned; it is a stop which keeps the banjo from sliding too far one way or the other once the orings on the rocker shafts are no longer holding the banjo snugly by themselves.

If you’re ever unfortunate enough to see a banjo ‘dance’, you have TWO problems. One is worn out o rings. The second is that the rocker delivery tube is rubbing on one of the two pushrods it must cross to get from the #2’cam bearing hole to the passage in the cylinder head.

The pushrod can and does wear through the copper tube when this happens. :eek:

The screw is not meant to be turned; it is a stop which keeps the banjo from sliding too far one way or the other once the orings on the rocker shafts are no longer holding the banjo snugly by themselves.

If you’re ever unfortunate enough to see a banjo ‘dance’, you have TWO problems. One is worn out o rings. The second is that the rocker delivery tube is rubbing on one of the two pushrods it must cross to get from the #2’cam bearing hole to the passage in the cylinder head.

The pushrod can and does wear through the copper tube when this happens. :eek:
Thanks for the info. I pulled both rocker halves out together, then realized that screw will not turn. I have no inferences between pushrods and the oil delivery tube and will double check that when I reassemble. Someday.
Some diagrams show a spring and a cap internal to the front rocker arm tube at the oil union. Not sure if that is needed. My oil union only has the screw and two o-rings to keep it in place.

Thanks for the info. I pulled both rocker halves out together, then realized that screw will not turn. I have no inferences between pushrods and the oil delivery tube and will double check that when I reassemble. Someday.
Some diagrams show a spring and a cap internal to the front rocker arm tube at the oil union. Not sure if that is needed. My oil union only has the screw and two o-rings to keep it in place.

The extra pieces you reference WERE used...on the F135. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom