For Sale F.D KNOB for early 40 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
I have been designing new and various style knobs based on Toyota's early designs. (Some of which never existed before)

Along the way I was asked if I could create a F.D knob. Since I had a perfect original I was able to reproduce it.

That is what I am offering here. These are resin recreations.

Please note** I am not a professional knob maker, and I don't know how long I may continue to offer these, but I wanted to provide the community something that is hard to find, and generate a little "Cruiser Karma" for myself along the way. :)

They include a brass threaded insert that matches the factory shaft it attaches to. The insert is both epoxy and heat-set into the knob.

Quality on these is very nice. The only flaw you may notice is on the unseen backside where you might see a tiny "spot" caused by an air bubble. The white lettering is applied using a lacquer stick designed for this application.

I offer them in two finishes, Super Glossy, and a stock looking Satin. The gloss version has an added coating of crystal clear epoxy (not clear paint) resin. The same resin used on bar and counter tops. (super tuff) The Satin version is not coated or painted with anything. Just polished on a wheel to give it a nice look.

I also can offer different sized threaded inserts to accommodate aftermarket or custom set ups. (up to 5mm - Stock is 4mm x .07)

Price is $35.00 Each which includes shipping in the lower 48.
I only keep a small amount ready to ship. Please allow 1 week for shipping.

If you need a custom insert added, please add $10.00.

PM me if you would like to order.

Examples below.
The FOG, THROTTLE and ROOM knobs pictured have the High Gloss added.
If you are interested in a custom knob like the ones shown below, please PM me. I can create almost anything you can imagine. :)

4 knobs on dash.jpg
20200610_104459.jpg

20200626_110102.jpg

They are pretty shiny.....although you may not be a professional knob maker, clearly, you are good at knob polishing :flipoff2:;)

They are pretty shiny.....although you may not be a professional knob maker, clearly, you are good at knob polishing :flipoff2:;)

Man I fell right into that one.. lol...
Thanks?

Damn.... Doubled up on me...
At least I have a knob to offer... ;)
I was just over to Epanomi/Thessaloniki in 2016. Had a great time up on Mt. Olympus

Looks great. Wondering what direction is the room supposed to be. Each pic has it different.

View attachment 2353044
Good catch!

Actually I make all the knobs with those two options. Large and upright like the stock LIGHT knob, or smaller and "flipped" like the stock wiper knob.
The original ROOM knob found on a few 45lv wagons was larger like the LIGHT knob.

But for me, I think it balances the set. Two large two smaller and the one FD.

I am about to announce my custom VADER style dash light kit in the next few days that will include a switch, ROOM or MAP knob, LED light, and custom vader hood. It will look stock but be custom underneath. :)

Not to high-jack the thread here, but @thecrazygreek can you do other knobs? I just recently ordered the Vintage Air unit to install, but I've seen and heard the knobs provided are not stock looking. I'm sure they aren't bad but was wondering if a few modded stockish looking knobs for a 76 fj40 could be done. I thought I remember seeing something like that on this forum at one point, but couldn't find it. Just curious.

Not to high-jack the thread here, but @thecrazygreek can you do other knobs? I just recently ordered the Vintage Air unit to install, but I've seen and heard the knobs provided are not stock looking. I'm sure they aren't bad but was wondering if a few modded stockish looking knobs for a 76 fj40 could be done. I thought I remember seeing something like that on this forum at one point, but couldn't find it. Just curious.

Yes, I can do that!

I have already started looking at them. I found they are set screw style. Meaning no threaded shaft. Just slip on and hold with set screw.
The only thing I don't know is the shaft diameter and if it is keyed. Meaning a flat spot.
If you have that info I could cook up whatever you need.

I already have all the info needed on the stock 40 knobs for that year.

Things you can also consider would be knob depth, size etc. I can customize them so they don't stick out as far, or are wider, or have serrated edges.. whatever... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom