1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F accesories

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by FLFJ40, Jul 19, 2005.

1. FLFJ40

FLFJ40

I would like to have OBA with my F engine and maybe even PS one day. How can I add accesories to my engine when I only have the one pully (one v-velt groove) on my crankshaft?

2. FLFJ40

FLFJ40

BTW the engine is .040 over so it should be able to handle a few non-stock accesories.

3. andrewfarmer

andrewfarmer

On mine I added a second groove on the waterpump pulley. OBA belt is driven by the waterpump. Compressor mounted high on spark plug side.

I found a pulley about the right size, turned the centre out so it was a snug fit on the F pulley, then tacked it in place (making sure it was true) runs 11series belt, worked finw for over 2 years now :)

4. 65swb45

65swb45 Elder Statesman Supporting Vendor

5. clemson55

clemson55

Mark does that mean you wont be shutting down for a while like I saw posted?

6. FLFJ40

FLFJ40

Mark,

I just read your stance on the internet and questions, so here is another from a bottom feeding future customer. I was looking on my F today, because I am planning on buying your pully, and it looks like there isn't enough clearance between the fan and the current pully for another belt. Would I have to space out my fan or is it just an optical illusion?