F-250 shock mounts on FJ40. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I came across a pic on the tech page of an F250 shock mount on an FJ40 and the part #'s,but no tech info on the subject,even in "search". My questions are 1) How much more travel will you get over stock? 2) Didn't Ford shocks have top-bolt mounts instead of eyebolts?...which shocks accomodate this set-up? Do you know of any articles on this subject?

the Ford towers use an identical shock-type mounting, just with a thru-bolt instead of a stud. Travel is determined by the additional length of the shock, most should be able to work a 14" stroke shock in there tho without problems (SOA) and "perhaps" a 12" stroker in there for a SUA suspension.

Fordtower.jpg

Yeah,that's the pic I saw on the tech forum. If I put that on a stock setup how much more travel would I need.I guess what I'm asking is just how much downward travel is being limited by the stock shock alone? I remember reading recently that someone wrote that you can get 2" more downward travel at the wheel when you disconnect the shock? Is that true?

disconnect your current shock and see how much stroke it has now. Then, to get a "true" measurement, twist er up with that shock disconnected, and see not only how much droop is available, but hw far the compressed length is too.

I don't know of anyone specifically that's measured what shock they used....

I used rear Super Duty shocks from my buddies rides when they put on their lift kits. Stock Ford rear shocks travel 12" from 16-28". The lower mounting hole in the shock is smaller though.

here's a pic to show the difference in height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom