EZist way to fit 33x12.50s stock fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserjunktion

Cruiserjunktion@gmail.com
GOLD Star
Threads
I had to buy new wheels for my fj40. The jto disc conversion I purchased and the stock rivited wheels I have, don't mix. (although the salesman said they would)

So I have to pull off conversion or buy new wheels.

I am getting the wheels. I want to put 33x12.5 on them. My rig has oem susp. It doesn't sag or lean. What is the eziest way to make these tires fit?

Will shackles and a rear add a leaf do it?

Are the greaseable anti inversion shackles worth it?

I would like my truck to sit up a lil in the rear. (see pic) Most fjs are saggy.

My top is off, but it will be on most of the time once repaired. I want to take its weight in to consideration.

I am going to use the fj40 as a mobile billboard for my pizza shop. It won't be seeing much off road. Only dirt roads, camping trips, parades, etc......

i ran 33x.12.5s on my 71 with extended shackles and cut out rear fenders...no probs, but you have nice clean rear fenders it looks like, so may extended shackles in the front and 2 1/2" lift in rear with a leaf out. that will keep your back end up like you wanted.

put a c clamp on the spring pack to hold it together, loosen military clamps, unbolt the center pin and slowly release the c clamp. pull the spring that's either one or two up from the bottom, start a new center bolt, tighten spring pack with the c clamp, tighten center bolt and readjust military clamps.

mel lowe said:
Will this lower the ride height to compensate for no lift in front>?
yes, it will lower it slightly and soften it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom