EZ wiring harness and Dolphin Gauges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been looking into different wiring harness options and stumbled on these gauges. They are either made or marketed by EZ wiring. Thought I'd find out if anyone has heard of them or better yet, used them.

2.jpg

How about the EZ wiring harness itself, any reviews?

http://www.ezwiring.com/

Thanks,
Steve

No affilitiation, etc.

hey don't know about the gauges but we rewired using an ez kit. we ordered a painless, but got sent an ez and billed for one and it was $80 cheaper than the painless. I was very impressed with the quality of the kit. everything was clearly marked and came with spare pieces and parts. had everything we needed and then some. only drawback was the instruction manual was very vague. it helps to know what you are doing if you get the ez stuff. I don't know if the painless book is better or not. also the connectors they sent with the kit were pretty cheap so we bought others, but they only cost a couple of bucks for a plastic case full of different sizes and ends. I'd recommend it though, can't beat the price.

i believe the gauges are marine gauges, like faria, teleflex, etc... I pesonally have a few faria gauges and have been more then impressed by them.

I believe the ez kit is what will end up going into my buddies heep, have heard good things about the kits.

BTB has sold these gauges for a while now...

I have seen them in many street rods..

I like the black on white and the multi-application insturmentation...

I have not purchased them yet, but was planning on going that route for a Cruiser that I am working on..
http://www.dolphingauges.com/

Good luck!

-Steve

Dolphin gauges

For those who like their products made in USA, dolphin gauges and ezwiring are both manufactured in Taiwan, by pro gauges.:frown:

At least it's not China!

Taiwan is the "new" Japan. Many Japanese factories have moved to Taiwan.

Taiwan makes good stuff these days, kind of like - - - Japan - - - where our trucks were made...this is a Japanese truck forum afterall...:rolleyes: Doh.

dude their wiring kits are half the price of Painless' kits! I may jump on one of these, but how many circuits do I need?

dude their wiring kits are half the price of Painless' kits! I may jump on one of these, but how many circuits do I need?

do you have a lot of electrical stuff? lights? compressor? extra stereo eq? than do the larger one. i bought the small (12 iirc) one, but i have dang near nothing in my 45...front lights, rear lights, wipers, guages, ignition....that's about it.

Dang near nothing here too! I'm all over the 12 regular kit, but what about the connectors?
These are terminated to fit GM, so how hard is it to fit to the Toyota?

I'M NOW WONDERING ......why are Painless kits $400+?

Last edited:
painless if $400 because they could charge that when they were all that's out there. also, they are the most known.

the ends are bare, no connectors. there are connectors to a gm column, but they aren't attached, just included. i used weatherpack fittings.

jtoutfitters has a 14 circuit harness for $250. It is a good kit. They also have a custom made steering column that hooks to the gm plug included in the harness

I bought an EZ kit and plan on doing the install here in a week or so. Looks great though. Everything is clearly maked on the wires as to whay goes where. Alot cheaper than painless.

I used Painless on my 40 series, it was a good way to learn and start. I'm going from scratch on my 55 because my capabilities and knowledge base have increased dramatically. Either way you go, they are good options.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom